Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

This is a really well-done minor league package so far. Great colors, LOVE the font and the goat looks good on those caps.

The letters flow so nicely, and the YG works despite not being the city initial.

The H cap is a little odd, but everybody in MiLB has 5 caps these days. Would have preferred an H in that train font.

Nice job, Brandiose.

The H cap is a little odd, but everybody in MiLB has 5 caps these days. Would have preferred an H in that train font.

I think it is, actually. Or the lower half, at least.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

CJan_bkUYAA6iRO.jpg

Alternate mark revealed this afternoon by Brandiose via Twitter. I'd assume this is a sleeve patch.

Out of all the Yard Goats logos this one is the worst because that Uncle Sam hat has NOTHING to do with Hartford and NOTHING to do with trains or goats! It should be a conductor's hat! The only reason I can think of why they chose an Uncle Sam style hat is to maybe attract Yankees fans but that makes zero sense because there is an equal amount of Red Sox fans in Connecticut. Also, the Yard Goats are a Colorado Rockies minor league team, not Yankees!

Another thing: I am completely confused why the goat head primary logo is getting such praise as a cap logo. It is a good logo by itself, but it makes a TERRIBLE cap logo! It is NOT a simple logo as several people have said. It is WAY too detailed for a cap. I know, I know, this is a minor league team, and all minor league teams have super detailed cap logos, but what if every minor league team jumped off a bridge, does that mean the Yard Goats have to too?

The things I like about the Yard Goats identity package are the wordmark (absolutely brilliant idea to style it after the New York, New Haven, and Hartford Railroad logo). It is simple yet has character at the same time. The 2000's were FULL of wordmarks with way too many outlines and gradients and detail so it is refreshing to see a wordmark that is just two colors and bold type.

Playing off this wordmark is the YG alternate cap logo and I honestly wish this was the primary cap logo. I already asked the team to make a snapback version of this cap so hopefully they will. Why on Earth they would only sell fitteds is beyond me. I mean, the snapback craze has been going strong for several years now, get with the program guys!

Um... it's two days later. I'm sure they'll sell some snapbacks eventually.

The goat is a fine minor league cap logo, and yes, if a team jumped off a bridge many would follow that trend, just like eyes on caps, claw balls and swinging mascots with random equipment.

Wait... here's footage of a logo jumping into a river now...

9887_quad_cities_river_bandits-alternate

Yard Goats primary, per UniWatch:

CJaEJsgWIAACzwz.jpg

It's.....not...bad!

I like how the goat has a cute yet somewhat crazed look in its eye. It works for Double A ball. The green in the goatee seems kind of out of place since the rest of the fur is gray/white, but I'm sure they needed to get more green in here somehow. Overall I like it.

• 2 weeks later...

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....The Fresno Grizzlies will be the Tacos for a game.

Taco_960_fbgljp4e_ey8pdrjc.jpg

Taco_640_2w7bpdv2_j0y7a4zi.jpg

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150721&content_id=137772352&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

That's too awesome for just a one time use. They should change their names to Tacos and always have home games at Tuesdays.

This is truly the most wonderful thing. And it's because the team put attention to detail into it and made a real identity, instead of just going "LOL TACOZ" and getting some dye-sublimated photographic pullover crap. Great work here.

Weren't the Grizzlies the ones who did "Price Is Right Night" and made the jerseys with TPiR nametags for each player?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is truly the most wonderful thing. And it's because the team put attention to detail into it and made a real identity, instead of just going "LOL TACOZ" and getting some dye-sublimated photographic pullover crap. Great work here.

Weren't the Grizzlies the ones who did "Price Is Right Night" and made the jerseys with TPiR nametags for each player?

529189900_07e888a477_b.jpg

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....The Fresno Grizzlies will be the Tacos for a game.

Taco_960_fbgljp4e_ey8pdrjc.jpg

Taco_640_2w7bpdv2_j0y7a4zi.jpg

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20150721&content_id=137772352&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb&sid=milb

Those are awesome, actually.

I'm pre-ordering one of those hats. Awesome design and promotion! MiLB at it's best! (don't get any ideas NBA)