Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Found the 2011 options for changing the team name.. Canal Rats? haha that's awful

Aeros, Bulkers, Canal Diggers, Canal Rats, Devil Strips, Gum Dippers, Hoggies, Oats, Rubber Burners, Rubber Ducks, Rubber Scrubbers, Skippers, Tire Jacks, Vulcans, White Walls....

But, I think they're better than what they had. I really don't know the creature in the old logo was.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Minor league baseball has a lot of original and fun nicknames. Just seems like every logo feels the same.

- Excessive amount of strokes

- Beveled/shadowed fonts

- Mascot combined with letter makes alternate logo (usually seems forced)

Yeah, that's what happens when every damn team uses the same damn design firm.
  • Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While, sure, many of Brandiose's products look the same, someone living in Akron who goes to the ballpark isn't going to not buy a hat "because this is in the same style of that El Paso team in the PCL."

For that reason, I tend to look at minor league identities in a vacuum and looking at it that way, this is IMO an awesome design and name.

I agree that every identity should be evaluated both in a vacuum and in the context of other teams in its league (too similar there might indeed impact sales).

Still, even in a vacuum the logos are dreadful. Contorted, contrived, poorly conceived and poorly rendered. Whether these bad logos are similar or not to other bad logos doesn't even enter into the equation.

Minor league baseball has a lot of original and fun nicknames. Just seems like every logo feels the same.

- Excessive amount of strokes

- Beveled/shadowed fonts

- Mascot combined with letter makes alternate logo (usually seems forced)

Yeah, that's what happens when every damn team uses the same damn design firm.

exactly. and that's why they continue to get hired. thats what those teams want. they don't hire Brandiose to do work like Pentagram or anyone else

the whole thing is smothered in cheese. but that's MiLB. cheesy name, cheesy logos. at least this one looks cool in a Hot Wheels kind of way.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I thought this was going to be a link to The Onion. This is an identity so bad, that if they copied the story verbatim, it'd look like their own work.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Name: ZZZZ-

Actual Logo Set: ZZZZZZZZ-

I think that Brandiose should just change it's name to Brandlose. That'll instantly dry up business.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Crap like this is really making me start to hate minor league baseball and the entire concept of "family friendliness" in genral. Does whether or not a family finds a baseball game to be a safe an affordable outing REALLY hinge on ballplayers dressed in clown suits and ballparks being turned into glorified day care centers?

Imagine if all these teams were in one league: Rubber Ducks, Chihuahuas, RailRiders, Ironpigs, Fightin Phils, Storm Chasers, Blue Wahoos, Flying Squirrels (the only one I like, probably since it was among the first of this style of identity)

I like the Rubber Ducks name. They could have had a simple/clean yet fun logo that looked like an actual rubber duck.

And this only stops if teams choose a different designer:

“Are we in the baseball business or in the circus business? We’re in the circus business” #bnconf #quips

— Brand New Conference (@bnconf) September 13, 2013

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Crap like this is really making me start to hate minor league baseball and the entire concept of "family friendliness" in genral. Does whether or not a family finds a baseball game to be a safe an affordable outing REALLY hinge on ballplayers dressed in clown suits and ballparks being turned into glorified day care centers?

Right? MiLB is closing in on "sports entertainment" a la wrestling. It still functions as feeder leagues. Kinda important. You can have fun in the crowd without putting all this tomfoolery on the caps and jerseys.

The alternating black / blue scheme makes this feel like a Fightin' Phils leftover. Also, the duck vaguely reminds me of the Edmonton Roadrunners. Sorry I'm in phone, but here's the link to Chris' site - http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/loib3g04fot5trrmrdl5c5b0r/Edmonton_Roadrunners/2005/Primary_Logo

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg