Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

That O-Bolt jersey looks like the byproduct of a Clockwork Orange-style rehabilitation in which the unwilling participant was forced to sit through countless hours of The Big Bang Theory, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and 1999 MLB Turn Ahead The Clock games, with the audio tracks for all three randomly juxtaposed.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That O-Bolt jersey looks like the byproduct of a Clockwork Orange-style rehabilitation in which the unwilling participant was forced to sit through countless hours of The Big Bang Theory, Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, and 1999 MLB Turn Ahead The Clock games, with the audio tracks for all three randomly juxtaposed.

This couldn't be more spot-on.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Bowling Green Hot Rods (Class A Midwest League, Tampa Bay Rays) unveiled their new logos and uniforms today.

Logos:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-3.jpg

Uniforms:

BG-Hot-Rods-2016-4.jpg

Somehow, the worst part about this rebrand is the BS "design-speak" in their logo intro video: https://www.facebook.com/bghotrods/videos/vb.54223721815/10153090981296816/?type=2&theater

Seven lines representing the other teams in their division? Ten dots to represent the counties their STHs are from? Calling that deep grape color "blue" to honor the Commonwealth of Kentucky? Sooooooo bad.

That Yard Goats Sunday jersey is something I'd probably never like if you described it to me, but looking at it, that's my favorite of the set. If they all came out of Brandiose looking like this, we probably wouldn't use Brandiose as an epithet. This is good work.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like the wordmarks, but I think they're hurt by the placket piping. They're not thick/strong enough to sit on top of it without getting a bit lost.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

A thought I've always had about minor league alt-mania, but particularly when looking at the very minute differences between elements of the Yard Goats set: how do little minor league clubs sell enough of five marginally-different hats for it to be profitable?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

We'll know for sure on the 23rd.

If it is, it's not bad. But looks more appropriate for a Cardinals affiliate, which Louisville is not.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Oh man, Hartford looks amazing. Wish they would use the "YG" hat in a greater capacity, but other than that, no major complaints.

How about the Syracuse Chiefs finally upgrading their logos? Puts them more in line with the rest of the Nationals' farm system and gets rid of the old Blue Jays color scheme:
Screen-Shot-2015-11-18-at-14.57.18-.png

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

The Old English S doesn't match the heavily serifed SC. The heavily serifed SC doesn't match the streamlined chrome wordmark. The streamlined chrome wordmark doesn't match the old geometric Indian head. The concept of an Indian chief, geometric or otherwise, doesn't match the concept of a railroad chief engineer. I can't make any sense out of this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫