Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

That makes no sense. You need at least nine, so everyone on the field can wear one.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Tides, much like the Bats, got the logos very right and the colours very wrong.

AKgb3f4.png

PF3avVW.png

They use every colours from the Tides' previous identity

For comparison:

pNBcikE.png

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Longtime lurker, so go easy on me. Hopefully the pictures work.....The United Shore Professional Baseball League (all 3 teams at one ballpark) unveiled their logos yesterday. Can anyone else think of a team nickname being the Unicorns? Logos are pretty basic, although I do enjoy that the frog is catching a fly-ball.

635839016134145886-USPBL-112315-KD-12.jp

635839015913869650-USPBL-112315-KD-11.jp

635839015999047288-USPBL-112315-KD-13.jp

Couldn't find any info in the release, but the top and bottom logos look like the work of Flynnagain. Can anyone confirm?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Coming from a designer's point of view, I just love reading the comments of people on rebrands. It's hilarious. I doubt many of them couldn't make a stick figure look like a stick figure. Thanks for the humor. :)

This is like an athlete dropping the "you never played the game" argument. People without talent in a given field can still make astute, valid criticisms of it.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Coming from a designer's point of view, I just love reading the comments of people on rebrands. It's hilarious. I doubt many of them couldn't make a stick figure look like a stick figure. Thanks for the humor. :)

This is like an athlete dropping the "you never played the game" argument. People without talent in a given field can still make astute, valid criticisms of it.
Except for Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

To me it's hilarious that some people that are not "designers", can do a better job at updating and upgrading a team identity better than those paid to do so.

Well, that's sometimes true, but often because the amateur designers aren't subject to the whims of the process.

Some concepts here are excellent but would never be approved by the teams, who do have veto power. Not to mention the manufacturers, who often have needs directly at odds with good design.

A lot of the worst designs are created not because of the designers' process, but because that process was shaped by the desires of the client and the manufacturer.

• Like 1

The Tides, much like the Bats, got the logos very right and the colours very wrong.

AKgb3f4.png

PF3avVW.png

They use every colours from the Tides' previous identity

For comparison:

pNBcikE.png
Proof that a simple color swap can make a world of difference. Nice.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

It appears the Sacramento Stealth of the new Great West League had some second thoughts about their logo. They've changed their Facebook profile pic to this:

12316435_563433047154520_369844004120160

Still a bit generic looking, but the I like the clever use of the stealth bomber as an "A." And whether it's intentional or not, its shape invokes the image of a baseball diamond. Either way, it's a definite improvement over the previous logo:

12313615_563431817154643_873210048051094

Who knows, maybe they came across these boards and read a couple of the posts. :lol:

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.