Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

Good to hear. San Antonio is a triple-A market at the very least, IMO. My guess is it'll be either Las Vegas or Colorado Springs that will pack up shop and become that eventual PCL Missions club. All other clubs seem pretty firmly entrenched and/or popular.

New Orleans has been tossed around too. Not too long ago they were a target of the Astros. They wanted to move the Zephyrs to the Houston metro area.

While Vegas has gotten to the point where they are always the last AAA affiliate left at the dance in agreements, and I wish they would bounce, I have a gut feeling it's New Orleans who is the team to leave. If they want, I could see NOLA possibly as a Texas League team down the road if they choose to reemerge

Good to hear. San Antonio is a triple-A market at the very least, IMO. My guess is it'll be either Las Vegas or Colorado Springs that will pack up shop and become that eventual PCL Missions club. All other clubs seem pretty firmly entrenched and/or popular.

New Orleans has been tossed around too. Not too long ago they were a target of the Astros. They wanted to move the Zephyrs to the Houston metro area.
While Vegas has gotten to the point where they are always the last AAA affiliate left at the dance in agreements, and I wish they would bounce, I have a gut feeling it's New Orleans who is the team to leave. If they want, I could see NOLA possibly as a Texas League team down the road if they choose to reemerge

I wonder if there would be interest in the indy league circuit if NO was to loose it's team? They have a large beautiful ballpark. Thinking along the lines of being a travel partner for the Skeeters in the Atlantic League. But the Texas League would be a good option too. However, this is all based on rumor so far

It will be interesting to see where they plan on building. There's some cheap land around the current stadium but that area needs more than a new stadium.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It'd be just my luck to see the 51's move before I move out there and catch a game. But my friend who's from San Antonio is thrilled at the thought of them becoming a AAA team in the PCL, but since we live in OKC and he'd get to see them in town every year, of course he would be. It's going to be real interesting to see how the moves go over the next 2 or so years, after all, that's how the Redhawks became the Houston farm team before selling to the Dodgers after so many years of being the Rangers system.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Great Lakes Loons (Dodgers-A) are unveiling new logos on February 13th (http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20160112&content_id=161698204&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t456&sid=t456):

Date_640x360_Web_iw7sjgxb_tba1ctta.png

Looks like they're keeping their colors, which is surprising for a Dodgers affiliate as of late, but it is good that they are keeping them. I've always liked dark green and red together. For reference, here's their current logo:

kb7cj6mgw7pvkptvq1fipm3re.gif

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Looks like the Great Lakes Loons (Dodgers-A) are unveiling new logos on February 13th (http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20160112&content_id=161698204&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_t456&sid=t456):

Looks like they're keeping their colors, which is surprising for a Dodgers affiliate as of late, but it is good that they are keeping them. I've always liked dark green and red together. For reference, here's their current logo:

Wow...that's a funky number font. It almost looks like it's moving or 3D.

"I call this 'Poorly Traced Varsity Block.' That will be fifty thousand dollars, please."

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Are you one of our Canadian contingent? "Grey" is British.

no sir.. just a red-blooded american, born in the heart of dixie (alabama) and raised in south carolina.. i do, however speak English, and the terms "English" and "British" are very much synonyms (yes, i know the difference between England and GB - and the UK as well), so i feel it could be argued that using the british form of the english word is appropriate, if not ideal. "Gray" has always felt more like a last name, and "grey" felt more like the color to me.. perhaps the main reason is simply because i learned "grey" first

no sir.. just a red-blooded american, born in the heart of dixie (alabama) and raised in south carolina.. i do, however speak English, and the terms "English" and "British" are very much synonyms (yes, i know the difference between England and GB - and the UK as well), so i feel it could be argued that using the british form of the english word is appropriate, if not ideal. "Gray" has always felt more like a last name, and "grey" felt more like the color to me.. perhaps the main reason is simply because i learned "grey" first

**colour ;)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My best guess is that it's supposed to vaguely resemble webbed feet?

**colour ;)
No sir, learned that one as "color" first

My best guess is that it's supposed to vaguely resemble webbed feet?

I see numbers floating on water. Very reminiscent of a loon floating on a lake.