Jump to content

Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes


BigMac12
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is the bootleggers hat going to be brown or black? I've seen a brown rendering somewhere, but that looks black. The B also looks like the Bradenton Marauders B.

On a bit of a side note, since the MLB shop went all fanatics on us, their minor league hat selection is rather poor. Do you think they will restock like the MLB shop used to? They have a bunch of old minor league hats on clearance. For instance, they have the Altoona Curve in the green/black when Cutch used to play there, but they also have the New Ogden Raptors stuff so I'm confused which direction they are going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sirthaddaeus said:

Bowling Green Hot Rods to be 'Bootleggers' for a night.

https://ballparkbiz.wordpress.com/2016/02/11/hot-rods-to-be-bootleggers-for-a-night-logo-and-unis-unveiled/#more-58905

 

totally awesome idea in my book!

not a fan of the jerseys however but that logo is pretty sweet.

bowling-green-hot-rods-bootleggers-1.jpg

I think they captured the 'happy drunk' look with that logo so well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Savannah's new Coastal Plain League team is the... Savannah Bananas.

I love absolutely everything about this.


Bananas%20Logo.jpg
 

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2016-02-25/savannahs-new-baseball-team-bananas

 

It's now my second favorite team behind the Hartford Yard Goats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sc49erfan15 said:

Savannah's new Coastal Plain League team is the... Savannah Bananas.

I love absolutely everything about this.


Bananas%20Logo.jpg
 

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2016-02-25/savannahs-new-baseball-team-bananas

Well, the name isn't getting much love right now here in Savannah. Who knows, it might just need some time with people. On the other hand, I think it's an absolutely terrible name. The team is going to be the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GoGamecocks29 said:

On the other hand, I think it's an absolutely terrible name. The team is going to be the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts…

 

I think it's hilarious. I'll be buying a hat.

I don't think there will be many jokes to be made about a collegiate summer baseball league. Even if they are made, it's not as if it will affect anything. Plenty of other teams have nicknames that are more easily "the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts." (see: South Carolina, University of)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sc49erfan15 said:

 

I think it's hilarious. I'll be buying a hat.

I don't think there will be many jokes to be made about a collegiate summer baseball league. Even if they are made, it's not as if it will affect anything. Plenty of other teams have nicknames that are more easily "the butt of many jokes regarding certain body parts." (see: South Carolina, University of)

I think it's just laziness with the name. They must've figured out that it rhymed, and then called it a day. It's just unfortunate that the Sand Gnats, who had a great identity, packed up and left and took off with it. Then again, a MiLB team would never leave a city and have a Browns-like deal with their logos/colors/name.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Appalachian League 2021 Rebrands

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.