Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

21 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

My high school mascot was the Gobblers, which I always felt was unique, so I'm not inclined to be excited by another organization adopting it. That said, I'd go with Stud Muffins, because why not. 

Why not? Because professional athletes have to wear uniforms bearing that name. In minor league baseball, there are names that are fun, clever and different, like Mud Hens, Kernels, and even Blue Wahoos; then there are names that are ridiculous, over-the-top and embarrassing for the players, like Biscuits, Rubber Ducks and yes, Stud Muffins.

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Here's the jersey and cap the Coney Island Franks will be wearing:

Coney%20Island%20Franks%20Uniform.png

Theyre also giving away a snapback cap to fans:

FranksGiveaway.png

Please tell me they got Kobayashi or Chestnut for the first pitch

• Like 3

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

On 5/25/2016 at 2:49 PM, Brian in Boston said:

The Lynchburg Hillcats have launched an online "Name the Team" contest as part of a rebranding effort that will see the franchise take the field with a new identity in time for the 2017 Carolina League season.

The team will be working with San Diego-based Brandiose on the project.

Bring back the Hill Climbers!

On 5/25/2016 at 11:49 AM, Brian in Boston said:

The Lynchburg Hillcats have launched an online "Name the Team" contest as part of a rebranding effort that will see the franchise take the field with a new identity in time for the 2017 Carolina League season.

The team will be working with San Diego-based Brandiose on the project.

So we can all bank on a swinging mascot logo 

• Like 2

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

The El Paso Chihuahuas are good my to have a one night name change. They are going to use one of the names that was in the running when the Tucson Padres moved to El Paso.  So on June 10 they will be the El Paso Desert Gators. Do you happen to know any other teams change their identity for one night?  

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20160603&content_id=181952490&fext=.jsp&vkey=pr_t4904

image.jpeg

• Like 1

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

Altoona curve were the coasters for a night last year or the year before. The Fresno Grizzlies were the tacos one night last year and this year it's every Tuesday.

KISSwall09.jpg

On 6/4/2016 at 10:00 PM, nmsuaggie said:

The El Paso Chihuahuas are good my to have a one night name change. They are going to use one of the names that was in the running when the Tucson Padres moved to El Paso.  So on June 10 they will be the El Paso Desert Gators. Do you happen to know any other teams change their identity for one night?  

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20160603&content_id=181952490&fext=.jsp&vkey=pr_t4904

image.jpeg

The New Hampshire Fisher Cats have held semi-regular events dressed as the New Hampshire Primaries, the name they initially chose for the team but dropped after local protests.  And they still sell a ton of merch with this once-rejected logo on it.

q9ox5evgrtuqy7p2hmsv3j5ek.gif

On 6/4/2016 at 9:00 PM, nmsuaggie said:

image.jpeg

I feel like I should hate this identity and logo, but I actually like it.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

4 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I feel like I should hate this identity and logo, but I actually like it.

I know where I seen this sorta before......Vermont lake monsters similar but not close enough to copyright infringement 

image.jpeg

2652_vermont_lake_monsters-primary-2014.

I see Brandiose is recycling one of their previous identities.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

image.jpeg

This gator's eyes are exactly the same as the chihuahua's.

On 6/10/2016 at 6:58 PM, BigEd76 said:

The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies AAA) are dressed as the "Cheesesteaks" tonight

CkoLPQMW0AA3mdU.jpg

CkoL7dXWkAEQPOS.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CknGk3CUkAATdaS.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CknGk3CUgAA9VrR.jpg

I both hate and love the gimmicky nature of special minor-league jerseys. Baseball does seem to do it a little better than hockey, but I dread when the NBA-D starts really jumping into the game.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 6/7/2016 at 11:29 AM, missouri tigers said:

2652_vermont_lake_monsters-primary-2014.

I see Brandiose is recycling one of their previous identities.

Considering it was a name the team contest, I doubt they had logo mock-ups before settling on Chihuahuas. So, to slap together something simple for one game wasn't going to really have their A-game.