Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

36 minutes ago, lilben777 said:

Now the bigger question:

will we get new logos for the hill cats? I hope so!

Probably...as the PR said:

"Now that the fans have spoken, we are going to examine how we can show people beyond Lynchburg what this franchise is all about. There may be some opportunities to freshen up the logo and some branding after 21 years, but no matter what, Hillcats will be at the core of everything we do moving forward."

bYhYmxh.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kind of drawing a blank for the name the team contest.  They're looking for a name that reflects the city in some way so obviously something to do with a lake or fish would probably be where this is headed.

I entered Hot Pots...in honor of the Fondue Fest.  For all the Wisconsin teams in the NWL, there aren't any which honor the cheesemaking industry, and almost everybody who's tried fondue LOVES it!

(PS: I know hot pot is a different dish, but it can be made in fondue pots)

bYhYmxh.png

Nine teams in Wisconsin, and the Woodchucks don't have the sense to go back to calling themselves "Wausau."

I wonder where their expansion partner will be, or if they just get a relocation. Rockford seems doomed already.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

38 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Nine teams in Wisconsin, and the Woodchucks don't have the sense to go back to calling themselves "Wausau."

I wonder where their expansion partner will be, or if they just get a relocation. Rockford seems doomed already.

Bismarck has been awarded a team as well. 

http://northwoodsleague.com/bismarckbaseballisback/

Fond du Lac Winnebagos   -- Could be the native people, could be the RV's.  Think of the fun promotions with that one.

Fond du Lac (Fightin') Lutherans -- Hey, it is good enough for Notre Dame.

Fond du Lac Marines -- Largest employer in the city is Mercury Marine (outboard motors for boats)

Fond du Lac Fromages -- Cheese!!!! not just because of the fondue reference, but also because Wisconsin. 

3 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

I'd go with Fon du Lac Lake Flies, Fon du Lac Trappers, or Fon du Lac Voyageurs.

All nice, but the city name is "Fond du Lac". 

There was an episode of Law & Order obviously written by a Wisconsinite, but not directed by one, where a character talks about being a lawyer in the city and insists on pronouncing it in the proper French manner.   It was unintentionally hysterical, as everyone who knows it knows that it's pronounced "Fondalack". 

17 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Fond du Lac Winnebagos   -- Could be the native people, could be the RV's.  Think of the fun promotions with that one.

Fond du Lac (Fightin') Lutherans -- Hey, it is good enough for Notre Dame.

Fond du Lac Marines -- Largest employer in the city is Mercury Marine (outboard motors for boats)

Fond du Lac Fromages -- Cheese!!!! not just because of the fondue reference, but also because Wisconsin. 

Springboarding off of this, what about model names of Winnebagos...

Winnies?

Chieftains?

Adventurers?

Sightseers?