Jump to content

Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes


BigMac12
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

 

I actually think of the Astros with Biggio, Bagwell, Derek Bell, and to an extent Lance Berkman.

This isn't an argument against the name, but the Red Sox seem to have their own Killer B's developing in Bogaerts, Betts, Bradley and Benintendi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Staten Island Fairies, come on, do it.

 

On 9/8/2016 at 8:58 PM, FGM13 said:

These names are getting way too specific while simultaneously meaning nothing at all. None of those are any good, except maybe Killer Bees.

This is a very good observation. "Yard Goats" comes to mind. Incidentally, did we ever talk about how Hartford never finished building their park?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, TampaBayEverybodyLovesRays said:

All those SI Yanks names are awful... here's to hoping there is a name on the back-burner they haven't told us about.  Staten Island Bambinos, anyone? Clippers? Iron Horses? Scooters? Tugboats?

While I personally like Tugboats, I doubt anyone would set themselves up for a "Let's go Tugs" chant. It's no Austin Peay, but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

While I personally like Tugboats, I doubt anyone would set themselves up for a "Let's go Tugs" chant. It's no Austin Peay, but still.

 

"Let's go Tugs" chanted by a crowd would sound something like "Less Goat Hugs."

 

So, I'm 100% all-in for Tugboats!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2016 at 1:20 PM, TampaBayEverybodyLovesRays said:

All those SI Yanks names are awful... here's to hoping there is a name on the back-burner they haven't told us about.  Staten Island Bambinos, anyone? Clippers? Iron Horses? Scooters? Tugboats?

Or the easiest one of all, Ferries! \

 

Other options: Staten Island Oysters ("Shellfish was a staple of their diet, including the Eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica) abundant in the waterways throughout the present-day New York City region. Evidence of their habitation can still be seen in shell middens along the shore in the Tottenville section, where oyster shells larger than 12 inches (305 mm) are not uncommon")

Staten Island Hudsons (Henry Hudson)

Staten Island Wheels (After the New York Wheel)

Staten Island Snakes (alliterated) or Rattlers ("
The Staten Island Zoo was also the first to exhibit all the 32 varieties of rattlesnakes known to occur in the United States.[citation needed] In the late 1960s, the Zoo maintained the most complete rattlesnake collection in the world with 39 varieties.") 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

Or the easiest one of all, Ferries! \

 

Other options: Staten Island Oysters ("Shellfish was a staple of their diet, including the Eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica) abundant in the waterways throughout the present-day New York City region. Evidence of their habitation can still be seen in shell middens along the shore in the Tottenville section, where oyster shells larger than 12 inches (305 mm) are not uncommon")

Staten Island Hudsons (Henry Hudson)

Staten Island Wheels (After the New York Wheel)

Staten Island Snakes (alliterated) or Rattlers ("
The Staten Island Zoo was also the first to exhibit all the 32 varieties of rattlesnakes known to occur in the United States.[citation needed] In the late 1960s, the Zoo maintained the most complete rattlesnake collection in the world with 39 varieties.") 


 

 

All better.  The ones I listed were all Yankee player nicknames.  Bambinos - Ruth, Iron Horses - Gehrig, Clippers - DiMaggio, Scooters - Rizzuto, Tugboats - Munson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, nash61 said:

Or the easiest one of all, Ferries! \

 

Other options: Staten Island Oysters ("Shellfish was a staple of their diet, including the Eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica) abundant in the waterways throughout the present-day New York City region. Evidence of their habitation can still be seen in shell middens along the shore in the Tottenville section, where oyster shells larger than 12 inches (305 mm) are not uncommon")

Staten Island Hudsons (Henry Hudson)

Staten Island Wheels (After the New York Wheel)

Staten Island Snakes (alliterated) or Rattlers ("
The Staten Island Zoo was also the first to exhibit all the 32 varieties of rattlesnakes known to occur in the United States.[citation needed] In the late 1960s, the Zoo maintained the most complete rattlesnake collection in the world with 39 varieties.") 


 

 

Reading the last paragraph made me think of three more possible names for this Staten Island team...1) Staten Island Vipers, and then 2) Staten Island Black Knights or 3) Staten Island Aces.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

 

Reading the last paragraph made me think of three more possible names for this Staten Island team...1) Staten Island Vipers, and then 2) Staten Island Black Knights or 3) Staten Island Aces.

Are we witnessing the birth of Vegas-jacking? Like Duck-jacking, but with neon lights and more apathy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone PLEASE make it stop...

 

The new Rangers high-A affiliate-to-be in Kinston, NC now has a name-the-team poll up. From MiLB.com:

 

Down East Eagles
VoteA nod to baseball history in the Eastern part of the state, the Eagles were the first pro team to play at Historic Grainger Stadium.


 

Down East HamHawks
VoteAs one of the country's biggest pork producers, there's no questioning the importance of the mighty pig in North Carolina. But, hogs are just a fraction of what the state is known for - this is also the birthplace of aviation. This team name is a play on words paying homage to some of the state's most notable contributions.


 

Down East Hogzillas
VoteWhole hog BBQ is part of the very fabric that makes Eastern North Carolina a colorful place. Hogzilla is a mighty and powerful team ready to bring home the bacon, and the wins, for fans.


 

Down East Shaggers
VoteThe Carolina Shag is a partner dance that will leave your toes tapping. Watch for members of this team to shag balls on the field and maybe even invite you to dance at the ballpark.


 

Down East Wood Ducks
VoteAlso known as "woodies", these colorful local waterfowl and a favorite among local hunters and boast some of the sharpest claws among all ducks. Less than 24 hours after hatching, these gutsy ducklings make a long and unassisted jump out of their nest high above the ground. Look for this team to make equally plucky plays on the field.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • officeglenn changed the title to Appalachian League 2021 Rebrands

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.