Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

• I actually like the fact that the green shading in the cat's face form "hills".
  • The color scheme is dreadful
  • The "A" in Hillcats is ridiculously embellished. There's no reason for the "A" to have those trails like it does.
  • The raised paw on the cat is gigantic in proportion to the rest of its body...even with perspective taken into account.

CvziYW8UsAA2y2Q.jpg

• Like 1

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

32 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Back to Lynchburg...I can't help but look at that whole identity - especially the primary and the wordmark - and think "football". It all looks better suited for a football identity than it does a baseball one. Not saying you need a neon hillcat swinging a bat, but these just for some reason don't look like they "fit".

I think you're really on to something there.  The oval head appears designed to fit on a football helmet, and the full-body version sure looks like he's trying to stiff-arm a defender while running with the vall tucked under his left arm. 

CvziYW8UsAA2y2Q.jpg

It's kind of generic, as if somebody grabbed a set from their spec portfolio, dusted it off, and presented it to the baseball team. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I think you're really on to something there.  The oval head appears designed to fit on a football helmet, and the full-body version sure looks like he's trying to stiff-arm a defender while running with the vall tucked under his left arm. 

CvziYW8UsAA2y2Q.jpg

It's kind of generic, as if somebody grabbed a set from their spec portfolio, dusted it off, and presented it to the baseball team. 

True, but its better than what they had before:

lynchburg_hillcats_1_82554.jpg

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Back to Lynchburg...I can't help but look at that whole identity - especially the primary and the wordmark - and think "football". It all looks better suited for a football identity than it does a baseball one. Not saying you need a neon hillcat swinging a bat, but these just for some reason don't look like they "fit". 

Agreed (and with the other comments that followed).  While we make fun of Brandiose for swinging everything, there's zero connection to the game of baseball in those three Lynchburg logos.  The hats do look pretty nice though...the logos look better on a navy background than a gray background.

Navy-Cat-Head-Fitted-Cap_500.jpg

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Are minor league teams forced to have really dumb names?

"Forced fun" comes to mind on this and some other recent name changes. 

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No, but that's one way to stand out in a crowded marketplace. 

I love minor league whimsy, but there's a fine line between that and plain stupid.  And when the owner talks about his decisions like this:

"This is a high-energy, impactful, bold move," Babby said Tuesday

It leads me to believe he's firmly on the side of stupid. 

Leads my brain to: " “People can get a cheeseburger anywhere. They come to Chockees for the atmosphere and the attitude.”

joannafromofficespace.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Can anyone tell what the red jersey says?

Some stupid city nickname?  The only plausible one I see on Wikipedia is "River CIty".

1 hour ago, BigEd76 said:

CwQ3r3jWAAAA6D-.jpg

And holy :censored: , that chrome-ified drowning wordmark is hideous.

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Some stupid city nickname?  The only plausible one I see on Wikipedia is "River CIty".

Jacksonville is called "the Bold New City of the South"...perhaps..."Bold City"?

• Like 1

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

15 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

Jacksonville is called "the Bold New City of the South"...perhaps..."Bold City"?

Yeah...if you look closely at the red jersey you can make out an L and a D. 

The ownership did say something about this being a "bold move"...although honestly Jacksonville calling itself "The Bold New City of the South" strikes me a lot like Baltimore proclaiming itself the "Greatest City in America"

All of which falls under my personal belief that if you have to say something about yourself...it probably isn't true.

• Like 1