Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Only for one day.  

I forget, is that also going in the Brandiose "Greatest Hits" portfolio?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Say it real fast, and you end up with "Bronies" (not that I'm saying anything negative about real Bronies).

Okay, then I will. They, uh, some of them want to have sex with cartoon animals. I mean, this board represents a weird niche interest too, but I've never written erotic fiction about pounding a roundel.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

39 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I apparently have some reading to do.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Brandiose was playing around with a similar looking shrimp when dealing with Biloxi:

http://www.brandiose.com/behind-the-scenes/biloxi/15/

\/

Biloxi.png

• Like 1

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

Brandiose was playing around with a similar looking shrimp when dealing with Biloxi:

http://www.brandiose.com/behind-the-scenes/biloxi/15/

\/

Biloxi.png

I believe the Bowling Green Hot Rods were considering Cave Shrimp as a name as well...

Jeez, in looking at that strip in detail I'm shaking my head again.  One of the "finalists" (which I thought would have been great, and much better than "Shuckers"), was "Biloxi Schooners".  Like Colorado Rockies, Texas Rangers and Florida Panthers, it  not just a placename-mascot name combo, but also refers to an actual thing in toto, a specific type of historical sailing boat design that is not in common use anymore (although the city has built two used for charters and historical purposes). To whit, this:

glenn-l-swetman-biloxi.jpg

And here I see Brandiose with a photo and cartoon drawing of a modern motorized "Biloxi Lugger" used in shrimping:

Biloxi.jpg

I sure as heck hope they weren't planning on using THAT as the possible "Biloxi Schooner" logo.  Though with the made-up BS names for New Orleans that no one here uses ("Baby Cakes" for King Cake babies, "Red Eyes" for crawfish), and the fact that the Shuckers' "oyster" shell looks more like a symmetrical clam shell, I wouldn't have put it past them.

It is what it is.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

That's a sailboat.

Ad, old buddy, old pal, I assume/hope you're being sarcastic, as i expect you would :P.

That's NOT a sailboat--  (and just for reference, the "poles" or what someone may confuse as "masts" fold out for use in trawling with nets):

96-06-17-blue-trawler.jpg

It is what it is.

The next team that holds a name-the-team will be getting an entry from me. The entry will be called the Lab Mules.

*I'll be giving away a free Internets to anyone who gets the reference.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

More on the Brandiose front; the New Orleans Zephyrs organization has put out a teaser ad stating that the new name/logo is to be announced November 15th.

Previously it was announced (not widely) that of the 7 listed this summer, it was down to 3 finalists: Baby Cakes, Po' Boys and Night Owls.

The following graphic teaser, I think, may be not just hinting  at the new name but giving it away:

Zs (2).jpg

The use of 'BOYS (with the obvious apostrophe) pushes the idea that it will be Po' Boys.

But what about the slight color differences in the background?

Not sure what the darker shape is on the left-- it appears to be a close-up of a logo element-- but the lighter shape in the upper right appears to be the bottom of the Zephyrs' traditional 'Z".

This could mean a couple of things.

• One (and I can only hope) this whole thing is a red herring, and they will come out and say "We listened to the fans, and we are sticking with Zephyrs, with new colors (a dark teal combining the historical Zephyrs colors of blue and green), new logo, fonts (like the one used above) and maybe even some better connections to the old roller coaster at Pontchartrain Beach."
  • But part of me can just see their babbling narrative now: "As an homage to the Zephyrs history and their iconic use of "Z" not only for the last 23 years in New Orleans,  but also before that in Denver, we have decided to honor and include that iconic letter by naming the team the "PO'BOYZ"

• Like 2

It is what it is.

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

There is no Easter Bunny.

This... this describes Brandoise in a nut-shell. 

The shtick has rubbed off not because the logos aren't creative, but the fact everything is now formulaic. At 1st, the identities were unique enough to work, but that niche is gone. The fact that these "behind the scenes" looks at identities pulls up better looking stuff is what makes me sad as a fan of watching baseball no matter who is playing. 

Also: Does anyone know a way to get Minor-League baseball hats in Canada? I'm finding it near impossible. 

• Like 1

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

New one  just released.  Okay, now they're just screwing with us...

hoot.png

Of course, referencing the "Night Owls" finalist.  Cheesy.

Bet the next one says "Our new name really takes the cake!" (Baby Cakes)

On this teaser, I think we are seeing a stylized fleur-de-lis in the back ground.

• Like 1

It is what it is.