Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

You're not a true MiLB team unless you have a ridiculously absurd nickname.

Makes the Albuquerque Isotopes and Casper Ghosts seem like relics, ala the Yankees and Packers.

Albuquerque Isotopes is a great, fun name (and Casper Ghosts was too). Neither of them have adjectives, either. I wonder if there's any correlation...

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

1 hour ago, GeauxColonels said:

No one calls it a "Cake Baby." It's a King Cake Baby. 

Not in my family. My five great-aunts, three great-uncles (all born and raised in the Irish Channel), and all of their children and grandchildren call the trinket a "Cake Baby". I've never thought to ask them why that is... beyond sheer linguistic laziness.

IronPigs

Join us on Facebook Live at 1 p.m. for a BIG announcement. Stay tuned.

We're not changing our name to the Lehigh Valley IronRumbleJumboPonyShrimpCakeWoodBabyDuckPigs

:lol: (The announcement was for the minor leagues' largest 16:9 HD scoreboard)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigEd76 said:

Houston's high-A team that moved to North Carolina will be the Buies Creek Astros, and they'll play at Campbell University for the next two seasons while their Fayetteville home is being built.

Best new team name of 2016!!!!!!

...but seriously, not surprised they went simple and save the new ID for the Fayetteville ballpark in 2019.

13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I had a King Cake once. Other than the frosting it had absolutely zero flavor whatsoever.

Did I just get a bad one or is this what they're all like?

Just now, BigEd76 said:

They're all like that, coco

No, they're not-- as a lot of our board has posted here, they are quite tasty and some posters are wanting some now.

Coco: Where did you have it?  Where di it come from? What brand was it? Was the dough braided underneath the icing, or not?

Sounds like it wasn't a REAL New Orleans King Cake..

• Like 1

It is what it is.

33 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

No, they're not-- as a lot of our board has posted here, they are quite tasty and some posters are wanting some now.

Coco: Where did you have it?  Where di it come from? What brand was it? Was the dough braided underneath the icing, or not?

Yeah, a good king cake will have the cinnamon flavor in the dough braids....and a good amount. I still, personally, prefer a cream cheese-filled king cake to a traditional, though.

• Like 1

gYH2mW9.png

1 hour ago, B-Rich said:

I live in Chicago. A volunteer where I work made it and brought it in. Sounds like she did a crappy job.

32 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

I live in Chicago. A volunteer where I work made it and brought it in. Sounds like she did a crappy job.

As I said earlier in the thread: the closer you get to New Orleans, the better the cake :) 

The great ones have tons of flavor, between the cinnamon and the sugar/frosting. I always thought of them as more festive cinnamon rolls on steroids. 

• Like 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 11/16/2016 at 11:22 AM, Bmac said:

Where I come from (not New Orleans), "baby cakes" are a hashbrown-type side often served with seafood. So my mind immediately jumps to this delicious hashbrown patty side dish and now I'm starving.

The name is not good. The theme and colors are perfect. The logos are terrifying. Then again, I find New Orleans to be terrifying in general.

Hey Bmac, what's up? I sent you a message.