The Rite of Spring (AKA 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread)

Seadragon76

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes a team just runs out of gas right when they get to the championship. It’s not like I saw an example of it myself during the run-up to the last Super Bowl or anything. That aside, for a team of Montreal’s caliber, getting to the Finals was the real achievement. No shame in getting beat by Tampa Bay. Also, 3 championships in one year. Didn’t think Tampa would be Titletown but here we are in this bizarre year of 2021.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Sometimes a team just runs out of gas right when they get to the championship. It’s not like I saw an example of it myself during the run-up to the last Super Bowl or anything. That aside, for a team of Montreal’s caliber, getting to the Finals was the real achievement. No shame in getting beat by Tampa Bay. Also, 3 championships in one year. Didn’t think Tampa would be Titletown but here we are in this bizarre year of 2021.

I'm going to disagree. Montreal got lucky against Vegas, who was the better team. If MAF didn't gaffe, 0 chance the Habs beat the Golden Knights trailing 3-1 in the series.

Carey playing like Superman built hope in fans that this is his year, only for it to come crashing down, as we watch the other team raise Lord Stanley in this 100% fluke run. He didn't deliver. I'm tired of the Kool Aid. He needs to go.

I would have preferred the Habs lose to Vegas and rejoice for making it to the 3rd round, instead of giving fans this false hope.

I'd rather they just tank at the right time, when there's a top prospect available, instead of getting a cheap run that will go down as a total failure.

39 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

I'm going to disagree. Montreal got lucky against Vegas, who was the better team. If MAF didn't gaffe, 0 chance the Habs beat the Golden Knights trailing 3-1 in the series.

Carey playing like Superman built hope in fans that this is his year, only for it to come crashing down, as we watch the other team raise Lord Stanley in this 100% fluke run. He didn't deliver. I'm tired of the Kool Aid. He needs to go.

I would have preferred the Habs lose to Vegas and rejoice for making it to the 3rd round, instead of giving fans this false hope.

I'd rather they just tank at the right time, when there's a top prospect available, instead of getting a cheap run that will go down as a total failure.

come on now, do you REALLY think that way? Or are you just saying that because the Habs are down 3-0? 

I saw, I came, I left.

19 hours ago, DEAD! said:

come on now, do you REALLY think that way? Or are you just saying that because the Habs are down 3-0? 

In the 1st games, I was skeptical, thinking do they really have a legit shot to win this Cup, for real? I kept it to myself because I wanted to see what they can do, to be fair to the team.

When a player or a team battles to the end, to the best of their abilities, they did what they could.

If you're asking me about Price, I'm just not a fan of his contract and the pedastal he is placed on because he always breaks down when it counts. It's a real, real issue.

There is some positive I acknowledge, like Caufield's performance and other things. I do have both negatives and positives.

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Has any team come back from 3-1 in the Cup to win it in seven?

Technically, the 1942 Leafs that were down 3-0. But that's it. Only 3 other times has a team down 3-1 even forced game 7 (2006, 1945, 1987)

Archived