The Rite of Spring (AKA 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread)

Seadragon76

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Oh boy. 4 minute power play with a minute to go in a tied 3rd period. 

Here's what needs to be realized. 

That's now the fifth time in the Lightning's last eight playoff overtime games where they've had a power play going into overtime,  second time it's been a double minor. Kind of nuts when you think about it. The results? They've failed to score on any of those power plays, and they've gone onto lose four of those five games. 

I never want a power play to begin overtime ever again. 

spacer.png

21 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

RIP Matiss Kivlenieks

This kind of f****** me up. This kid from Latvia who was on the verge of a full-time NHL job is dead because someone at Manny Legace's house thought they needed some pyrotechnics to properly celebrate the holiday. The night before my a$$hole of a neighbor was shooting off professional grade, definitely illegal fireworks in our sleepy residential neighborhood well past midnight until I and another neighbor called the police. I was genuinely concerned my dog was going to die of a heart attack. When I was in college I was at a party when a guy I knew maimed his right hand with a firework. I HATE fireworks. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

This kind of f****** me up. This kid from Latvia who was on the verge of a full-time NHL job is dead because someone at Manny Legace's house thought they needed some pyrotechnics to properly celebrate the holiday. The night before my a$$hole of a neighbor was shooting off professional grade, definitely illegal fireworks in our sleepy residential neighborhood well past midnight until I and another neighbor called the police. I was genuinely concerned my dog was going to die of a heart attack. When I was in college I was at a party when a guy I knew maimed his right hand with a firework. I HATE fireworks. 

I like fireworks from a distance but I'm terrified to be anywhere close to them. Having dogs that are terrified of them doesn't help. This is such a horrible story made worse, knowing that he wasn't the one lighting them.

5 hours ago, Sport said:

I had a person in my neighbourhood setting off fireworks between 12:30 and 1am... I mean really? They can't be considerate as to, I don't know, allow people to SLEEP? *smh* (There is also these dorks who drive around in loud motorbikes. It used to be they did that in the middle of the night as well, but not so much these days)

There has to be a better way to celebrate fireworks. Maybe a designated neighbourhood area fireworks display if need be... I mean, do we really this many fireworks going on at once?  Possessing fireworks is  close to possessing a gun. 

I saw, I came, I left.

Jesus, I hadn't heard anything beyond the "something with his head, maybe his chest, maybe he fell". Then, I look for an article, and find this gem of a quote from an officer involved with the case: 

"Police in Novi, Michigan, said the mortar-style firework tilted slightly after the fuse was lit and started to fire toward people nearby on Sunday night. Meier told the DailyMail.com that alcohol is not believed to have been a factor in the mishap."

**A wedding reception on the Fourth of July!** And the police almost immediately say alcohol was not a factor.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, DEAD! said:

I had a person in my neighbourhood setting off fireworks between 12:30 and 1am... I mean really? They can't be considerate as to, I don't know, allow people to SLEEP? *smh* (There is also these dorks who drive around in loud motorbikes. It used to be they did that in the middle of the night as well, but not so much these days)

There has to be a better way to celebrate fireworks. Maybe a designated neighbourhood area fireworks display if need be... I mean, do we really this many fireworks going on at once?  Possessing fireworks is  close to possessing a gun. 

That video is awesome

4 hours ago, Unocal said:

I feel at some point, MTL playing so desperate hockey is gonna catch up to them. Is this sustainable?

Not playing the way they did in game 5.  They're not winning four straight games where the Lightning out-chance them.  I'm biased, obviously, but I think it's fair to say the Tampa Bay isn't Toronto or Vegas -- they've won big games, they've put away desperate teams, and they've won games after tough losses.

Not to say Montreal can't do it at all, but they have to be better than they have been.  They're not winning four straight games that look like this...

nZnKFL7.png

IUe6Hvh.png

On 7/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, Sport said:

I HATE fireworks.

I don't blame you. I don't go anywhere near those things. Unless you're trained and know what you're doing, there is a risk of severe injury or worse, like what tragically happened to Matiss.

7 minutes ago, See Red said:

I really hate it for Price. Hope he gets another crack at it. 

If he wants a Cup, it won't be with the Habs. He'll have to lift his no trade clause to get another shot. Seattle may want their Fleury.

He played not bad tonight. But this Carey we got tonight didn't show up in games 1, 2, 3.

Archived