The Rite of Spring (AKA 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread)

Edmonton has to be the biggest underachiever out there.. all that talent and you get swept by a team that you owned this season.

The Oilers won 7 of 9 games against the Jets and this is what you get out of it?!?

I hope there's a lot of soul searching in Edmonton today.. they need something to hold on to.

33 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

"You :censored:ers got swept by Winnipeg? The team we routinely beat up on in the 80's? Aight, I'mma head out."

Come on now... the Oilers were not swept by the Coyotes.... 🙃

20 hours ago, IceCap said:

I did, for April Fool's Day 😛

5qavkIL.png

I was fooled! I guess I didn't bother to study the rest of the teams in the signature. 

Less than a year after that 5 game bubble series in which I grew some real disdain for Leafs fans, I've found myself pulling for the Leafs here and it's only because of Nick Foligno. I'm a simple creature. 

16 hours ago, DEAD! said:

Come on now... the Oilers were not swept by the Coyotes.... 🙃

No, it's worse than that. They were swept by the Atlanta Thrashers!

I just realized that Todd Reirden is now a Penguins assistant coach, which drew a silent LOL from me. No wonder they choked when it mattered. 

Tampa Bay eliminates Florida.  Vasi's had a few off-nights in this series but he was on point tonight.

Florida has a bright future in goal with Knight... unfortunately for them they also have Bobrovsky's contract to deal with.