NHL Defunct Series All Alt+RR added

johne9109

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting with the Golden Seals I took different elements from their old jerseys and put them together to make a new design. I went with their teal and yellow color scheme as it's unique and not seen in the NHL right now. The final jersey had some unique rounded striping on the shoulders that went down to the front of the jersey that I didn't like so I adapted it into just come curved stripes on the shoulders. The rest of the striping is adapted from their original jerseys, but with the numbers on the sleeves in between the striping. The team also gats a new crest with a seal head inside of a swooping C. Credit to Fraser Davidson for the logo design 

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

Great start! It might help, if you intend black to be a main color in the scheme, to also include little nods on the rest of the sweater, such as in the striping on on the sleeves some other way. Thanks for letting us enjoy your work! 

17 minutes ago, woody86 said:

Great start! It might help, if you intend black to be a main color in the scheme, to also include little nods on the rest of the sweater, such as in the striping on on the sleeves some other way. Thanks for letting us enjoy your work! 

I'll try adding in some subtle black striping. It was hard to find another combination of the teams colors that worked, but having the cyan and yellow being such bright colors it didn't work; even with an outline. I'll try adding some black stripes though and see how that works. Thanks!

ZUH86xc.png

1 minute ago, johne9109 said:

I'll try adding in some subtle black striping. It was hard to find another combination of the teams colors that worked, but having the cyan and yellow being such bright colors it didn't work; even with an outline. I'll try adding some black stripes though and see how that works. Thanks!

Great ideas! It could even be making the numbers black (could even try with no yellow outline), or some black stitching around the wrist area on the sleeve. Honestly I don’t think it needs to be a lot. :)

Just now, woody86 said:

Great ideas! It could even be making the numbers black (could even try with no yellow outline), or some black stitching around the wrist area on the sleeve. Honestly I don’t think it needs to be a lot. :)

Didn't even think of that. Great ideas Thanks!

ZUH86xc.png

Cleveland Barons

The Cleveland Barons are next and for them I knew I wanted to do something different. So for the striping I put in places and patterned to look like an epaulette that would be seen on an old timey baron as well as a sash across the front. For the logo I took the original logo and split it into the main and secondary for this jersey. I took the C and removed the lettering on it and placed a Baron (Credit to Adam Walsh) head inside of it for the main logo and then made the state with the B the secondary logo

Home

spacer.png

Away

spacer.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 2/16 Barons
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 3/16 Rockies

Hamilton Tigers

This one at first looks like a completely new design, but in actuality it is a amalgamation of design elements from the franchise's history. The black shoulders come from the final few jerseys the tea used and the multiple striping were a main stay of the teams designs so I felt I had to feature a few strips on the sleeves and main part of the jersey. Majority of the jerseys featured a large black or yellow block across the front; so I decided to do something similar to the Canadians and Panthers with the stripe across the front. The real changes are the use or a darker orange yellow to have the Tigers stand apart from the Bruins and the Penguins. Also white is introduced as a secondary color. The biggest change is the logo which features a tiger head within a crest with Tigers/Hamilton below depending on the jersey. This logo, while a new design, is rooted in the teams original logo; a tiger head in a black square. The tiger head is courtesy of Yu Masuda

Home

spacer.png

away

KqaxDz3.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 4/16 Tigers

Hartford Whalers

There wasn't a lot to change for Hartford as they have pretty much always had a great look. I swapped blue and white on the home jersey making blue the more predominant color and also added a outline to the logo so that we could have the colored logo on the green jersey instead of the white logo

Home

9Zg3LOw.png

Away

Pn2uumy.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 5/16 Whalers

Kansas City Scouts

So my first challenge with this one was finding a different logo. In today's climate I just can't see the Scouts old logo still being a thing; even though it based on an actual statue that is a monument to Native Americans but some people don't care about that. So I decided to just do a logo with a horse head to try and still capture the essence of the original. I also darkened the colors to make them slightly different from the Colorado Rockies. The striping is also toned way down. The KC from the original logo also becomes a secondary logo.

Home

4g5BoWH.png

Away

HU3bzuJ.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 6/16 Scouts
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 7/16 Scouts

Montreal Maroons

I knew I had to do something drastic for the Maroons. So i started with the logo and went from there. I was looking at interesting fonts and found the one I used here for the M because of the striping on it; I felt it harkened back to how the Maroons had tons of stripes on their jersey. From there I introduced additional colors in tan and turquoise. I feel this turned out pretty well and seems like a natural evolution to the Maroons look.

Home

spacer.png

Away

LLXv028.png

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 8/16 Scouts
  • johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series 9/16 Wanderers

I really like this series. The Maroons uniform is neat, and I can appreciate the outside the box thinking on the logo. Th North Stars logo is the perfect way to do a redesign, IMO: honor a classic, but give it a new spin. I look forward to more!

N3d5IIl.png

18 hours ago, jbird669 said:

I really like this series. The Maroons uniform is neat, and I can appreciate the outside the box thinking on the logo. Th North Stars logo is the perfect way to do a redesign, IMO: honor a classic, but give it a new spin. I look forward to more!

Thanks! 

ZUH86xc.png

Archived