NHL Defunct Series All Alt+RR added

johne9109

Quebec Bulldogs

Alternate

IoA6gUM.png

So the Bulldogs has been the hardest team so far to some up with an alternate for. They only had one NHL uniform and only a few others outside of that. All of those didn't have a lot to work with either. So what I decided to do is take the Q logo they used pre NHL days, and keeping with the Bulldogs name, used a bone font. I then took some elements from their 1912 jersey and came up with what you see here

Reverse Retro

SXNrdjX.png

For the most part their reverse retro is their lone NHL jersey, but swapped. The big change was adding their Q logo to the front of this jersey. The other change I made was instead of swapping the blue and white I swapped the white out for the beige they used for their pants during that time; giving it a real retro look

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series Bulldogs Alt+RR added
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quebec Nordiques

Alternate

XGBn5xe.png

The Nordiques I had no problem figuring out what I wanted to do for them. For the alternate I knew I wanted to use the unused jersey that they would have transitioned to. I was gonna leave it was originally intended, but it didn't fit in with other jersey I designed so I modified the colors slightly

Reverse Retro

IdHEDAG.png

I contemplated going back to the teams WHA days for their reverse retro, but then I saw how good the Nordiques jersey looks in red and I was done. Easy

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series Nordiques Alt+RR added

Alright well I guess this is it; time for this series to come to an end with the Alternate and Reverse Retro for the Eagles

Alternate

ya93uW8.png

So for the Alternate I went the Flag route. This was a nice way of bringing  blue back into the mix while adding some unique elements

Reverse Retro

gSWGysM.png

St Louis Eagles were another team that didn't have team to have different jerseys so they were an easy pick for doing a reverse retro. Their once white jersey now becomes predominantly blue.

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NHL Defunct Series All Alt+RR added

Archived