CCSLC Ad-Free Experience Available

8 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Oh my Gord, this is glorious.

Indeed.  Completely different, superior experience. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Any way you could enable prepaying for a year? I know it's something you CAN do with patreon.

2 hours ago, CC97 said:

I'm a Patreon noob, will look into this for you

I think this is what you need.  May be something CC97 will need to do in Patreon first. 

https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/articles/210291283-What-is-charge-up-front-

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey @CC97, thanks for setting this option up.  I've been posting here since 2007, and these boards have been a go-to destination for me consistently since then. So paying a little to support it and getting a better experience in return makes a lot of sense.

I signed up roughly 15 minutes ago. My Patreon account is under the email address theodore.j.cunningham at gmail dot com.

• Like 3

Yup...I too done got all patreonic too up in this piece!

DelightfulThunderousDove-max-1mb.gif

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, McCall said:

Ok. I've never used Patreon before and just signed up and paid. Now...

How exactly do I access the ad-free version site?

As Chris mentioned in the initial post: 

Implementing your ad-free experience is being done manually, one user at a time, by me and me alone, so there will be a delay between the time you signed up and when your ads are removed - my goal is to keep this delay to just a few minutes but if you sign up while I'm sleeping or driving or taking my kids to school you may have to wait a wee bit longer.

He'll switch you over to the ad-free version as soon as he can.

So looking around Patreon I suspect they'll begin charging everyone monthly on the first of each month going forward, trouble is that this includes this upcoming Tuesday, June 1st. 

If this is indeed the case (and assuming Patreon will even let me do this) I will go through and issue prorated June refunds based on when you signed up in May (i.e. if you signed up on May 15, I'll issue you a 50% refund on your June payment, if you signed up on May 20 you'll get a 66% refund, and so on). 

Just a heads up in case you see a surprise charge on Tuesday, and please let me know if you do.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

24 minutes ago, CC97 said:

So looking around Patreon I suspect they'll begin charging everyone monthly on the first of each month going forward, trouble is that this includes this upcoming Tuesday, June 1st. 

If this is indeed the case (and assuming Patreon will even let me do this) I will go through and issue prorated June refunds based on when you signed up in May (i.e. if you signed up on May 15, I'll issue you a 50% refund on your June payment, if you signed up on May 20 you'll get a 66% refund, and so on). 

Just a heads up in case you see a surprise charge on Tuesday, and please let me know if you do.

Don't worry about mine. Small price to pay for this heavenly experience. I feel like Elaine driving in the lanes after Kramer widened them on that episode of Seinfeld. So roomy and comfortable.

• Like 3

Yeah same.  I signed up figuring I was "overpaying" for May and I'm fine with that.  No need for refund, but good on ya for figuring that out though.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

Yeah same.  I signed up figuring I was "overpaying" for May and I'm fine with that.  No need for refund, but good on ya for figuring that out though.

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Yeah, I knew/know how Patreon works and I signed up knowing that i'd be rebilled on the 1st. Still worth it, and I gladly made that choice.

27 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Same with everyone is saying. Don't worry about the reimbursement. I'm happy to help out to keep the site running.

“ditto”. 

(haven’t used that word in years)

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.