MLB 2021 Season Thread

I don’t have strong opinions on the condiments because, while I have had some good fancy hot dogs in my day, none have come at a ballpark. You can put lipstick on a butchered pig but it’s just generic food-service cuisine!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sport said:

Not going to tell you how to eat your own hotdogs, but that's like saying you're uncultured swine if you drink white wine with fish. Mustard on hotdogs is standard practice. I've only seen Mustard Only Nazis go after the ketchup people. I've never seen a Ketchup Only Nazi. That's a new one.

A hot dog is ostensibly sausage. Sausage is served with mustard, like throughout the history of sausage. If you want to condiment your hotdog with ketchup I won't say anything, but you're not uncultured swine for using mustard. The exact opposite, actually. Ketchup is loaded with sugars and the sweetness overpowers the meat, the mustard is complimentary, which is why people use it. Get out of here with that uncultured swine bullshirt. 

Since we are talking about mustard. You are right, but I personally hate the taste of the over processed yellow mustard, give me Deli mustard all day

7 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Cream cheese?? Whaaaat

Yeah, it's a weird Seattle thing... Cream Cheese on the hot dog doesn't make sense to many people, but it works up here.

This jerkoff pitcher for the Cardinals drilled Bryce Harper right in the face with a pitch (directly in the face without hitting anything first) and then the pitcher's next pitch drilled Gregorious right in the ribs.  So the umpire warns both benches then throws the Phillies manger out!

Screw the Cardinals.  Trash-ass team that gets every benefit in the world.  You say anything to them and you're tossed.  Hell with their filthy pig fans too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, BBTV said:

This jerkoff pitcher for the Cardinals drilled Bryce Harper right in the face with a pitch (directly in the face without hitting anything first) and then the pitcher's next pitch drilled Gregorious right in the ribs.  So the umpire warns both benches then throws the Phillies manger out!

Screw the Cardinals.  Trash-ass team that gets every benefit in the world.  You say anything to them and you're tossed.  Hell with their filthy pig fans too.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Why the hell was the Phillies bench warned??

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

Get this - the exact same thing just happened less than a week ago with the Cardinals. Jonathan India got drilled in the helmet by a different Cardinals pitcher, umpires warned both teams, and David Bell got tossed because he was like "We didn't do anything. They're throwing at our guys' heads. Talk to them!". So that's two of these incidents plus the previously discussed bench clearing brawl that the Cardinals started with the Reds and somehow only Nick Castellanos got suspended. I'll never understand MLB bending over backwards to protect them.

I've thought for a while that if you hit a guy in the head you should get tossed automatically. If you can't control yourself out there you shouldn't be out there. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn’t realize it at the time but the manager of the cardinals said he wanted to pull that loser pitcher from the game after he recklessly drilled two players but wasn’t allowed to because of the 3-batter rule, so he had to stay in for one more hitter and just try not to kill him. 

I said it at the time and I’ll say it again - the 3-batter rule is worse than the extra innings rule or any of the other new ones they put in last year. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

35 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

Maybe the other teams should take note and fire the first shot. 

If you hit a Cardinal, your team will likely get contracted from the league.  You can't even yell at them!

Don't know who this jabroni is, but it's the best clip I could find of the incident.  Best part is their fat stinky manager consoling the pitcher when he eventually took him out, as if anyone should care about his feelings.  

I'm happy my Dodgers won the World Series last year, because suddenly they've turned into an awful team that can't score runs. Hopefully this slump goes away soon...

On 4/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, Delicate Genius said:

Roberto Alomar's #2 banner and name on the Level of Excellence at Rogers Centre are being removed.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-blue-jays-sever-ties-with-roberto-alomar-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation-1.1632205

If they're going this far for a mere "allegation," then they probably know something we don't. Or were the allegations already proven?

13 hours ago, Quillz said:

If they're going this far for a mere "allegation," then they probably know something we don't. Or were the allegations already proven?

They were proven to MLB’s satisfaction. They hired an independent firm to do an investigation and report.  Which means it is far beyond a “mere” allegation. 

It’s my understanding that the legal statute of limits has expired.  So there’s never going to be a legal proceeding, this is likely the most conclusive it’s ever going to be. 

Archived