Jump to content

MLB 2021 Season Thread


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Soooo MLB no-hitters are no longer a rarity.

Every passing no-hitter makes the one good thing the Orioles have done this season less and less impressive, which I definitely am salty about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Isn’t it even more insulting to toss out a position player to pitch against players in the best league in the entire world? I get the strategy of it, but on its face, that’s never looked real great to me. I would want to smash homers off of the dude, too. 
 

All this talk about how baseball is losing fans and they’re focused on crap like game speed. The real issue is difficulty of access to their product. That’s #1. But the other thing that’s turned me totally off is just how mentally fragile these guys seem to be. Why do I want to spend three hours watching guys :censored: about unsaid decorum? It’s childish and pathetic.

 

I've been aware of baseball for nearly 40 years. I feel like I've heard more way about unwritten rules in the last 5 than the prior 30.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Mariners are always getting no hit.

 

I've heard of feast or famine, but this is a little ridiculous: Twice the victim of a no-hitter in two weeks.

 

Whoever is the hitting coach there needs to be tossed into the Puget Sound NAO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

 

I've heard of feast or famine, but this is a little ridiculous: Twice the victim of a no-hitter in two weeks.

 

Whoever is the hitting coach there needs to be tossed into the Puget Sound NAO!

The Mariners are hitting .198 as a TEAM!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

The Mariners are hitting .198 as a TEAM!

 

Why do you think I want the hitting coach to be tossed into Puget Sound? No team should be hitting below .200 at worst.

 

Whatever happened to patience and working the count and taking advantage of 2-0 and 3-0 counts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

 

Why do you think I want the hitting coach to be tossed into Puget Sound? No team should be hitting below .200 at worst.

 

Whatever happened to patience and working the count and taking advantage of 2-0 and 3-0 counts?

I hear taking advantage of 3-0 counts is frowned upon in some clubhouses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, dont care said:

To be fair, I don’t think the Mariners have ever had a 15 run lead this year.

 

True.. In fact, the offense is so damn pathetic that they'd be lucky to get 15 runs in a week's worth of games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 8:27 PM, DNAsports said:

Albert Pujols is wearing 55 for the Dodgers

spacer.png

In honor of his former Cardinals teammate/idol ,and former Dodger, as well, Skip Shumaker. Obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we go with more electronic sign stealing shenanigans, this time the cheating involves the Dodgers & Rockies.

 

Stop cheating you bums. Go Yanks! 
 

Quote

"I can tell you that a team that has been to the World Series often, recently... we caught them doing something almost similar (to the Astros)."

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Went to my first ball game tonight post-pandemic. Buck night is great, all the hot dogs and peanuts I can eat for a buck each and fireworks?! Yes. Oh, the Royals lost thanks to Miguel Cabrera going oppo twice but you can’t have everything I guess. 
 

Eh, feels great to watch live baseball again. 

Edited by Red Comet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Here we go with more electronic sign stealing shenanigans, this time the cheating involves the Dodgers & Rockies.

 

Stop cheating you bums. Go Yanks! 
 

 

 

Eh I’m skeptical in his comments, he is a journey man who no one really knows, dude played on 30 minor league teams and 11 majors, and it would be higher if he didn’t go to some of the same teams twice. No other team has accused either team of cheating, unless there is audio proof of banging on the bench or whatever during games it’s a non story. Even if they did do what they are being accused of right now all of this is just hearsay with no evidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Eh I’m skeptical in his comments, he is a journey man who no one really knows, dude played on 30 minor league teams and 11 majors, and it would be higher if he didn’t go to some of the same teams twice. No other team has accused either team of cheating, unless there is audio proof of banging on the bench or whatever during games it’s a non story. Even if they did do what they are being accused of right now all of this is just hearsay with no evidence. 


Mike Fiers is also a journeyman who basically said the same thing. Logan Morrison has also said the same. It only became a story when fans like Jomboy investigated further. I don’t think it’s a non-story, I think baseball wants to sweep this scandal under the rug because they know a lot of teams are doing it and it would undermine the integrity of the league. And this is why Rob Manfred is a joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.