MLB 2021 Season Thread

Eat a fart, Mets.  He doesn't have the RBI #s because of all his solo HRs, but Bryce Harper is playing like an MVP the past month or so.  Team with a negative run differential, worst defense in the league, and most blown saves in team history is in first place (of a horrific division, but 1st is 1st.

Again - eat a wet shart, Mets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillies just swept out the Muts and went from 4.5 games back to 2.5 games up in the NL East.

Not sure if DeGrom is out of the Cy Young race now, but if so, Zach Wheeler really needs to be in that discussion.  Bryce Harper should be in the MVP discussion too, though he likely won't have the stats to make the case.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's not like it's completely impossible for some random baseball fan to start yelling slurs, either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hey, Imma keep it a whole buck--and I know y'all already know this, but straight up: the Twins is high-key trash, yo.

I done been to three of their games this year. In two of them, they dang near got no-hit--shoot, last night up until Miguel Sanó homered in the bottom of the 9th (?)--the very same Sanó who without a singular ray of sunshine in his face dropped a routine infield fly right in front of his own bag which then spurred on the onslaught of ChiSox runs--they had the same number of hit pitchers as actual hits. Meanwhile, in every single game I been to, Minnesota had either a lead-off or second-at-bat homer launched off one of their pitchers, and at any rate, found themselves down three runs to none before they took their first at-bat.  Last night they were down 7-nann three innings in! And I mean, if you are on your third pitcher by the top of the fifth, your team is trash. This done happened in two of the three games I've been to. 

(On the plus side, at least I got to see Shohei Ohtani live in person--as a DH, not pitching, but still--during one of those games. And Target Field is a very nice venue, especially from the third base side. But yeah...they still 🗑🚮,  yo.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

DP

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Confirmed: Cubs vs Reds 2022 Field of Dreams game 🌽

Field of Dreams 2 with Dennis Quaid was such a poor movie. Hopefully they'll leave the service time manipulation subplot out of this one.

Joey Votto picked up his 2,000th career hit last night. The Reds are 1.5 games behind San Diego for the second wildcard. The Padres have the hardest remaining schedule. The Reds have the second easiest. Also, the Chicago Cubs have lost 12 straight games. 

When I went to Wrigley Field on Memorial Day weekend the Cubs were a half game back of the Cardinals for first place and the Reds were 22-28. I think we're all remembering that a proper 162 game baseball season is really really long. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

13 hours ago, Cujo said:

Confirmed: Cubs vs Reds 2022 Field of Dreams game 🌽

Glad they’re not letting that stadium rot like they did with Ft. Bragg’s stadium. Maybe they should have a High A team play there on a permanent basis? 

14 hours ago, Sport said:

Joey Votto picked up his 2,000th career hit last night. The Reds are 1.5 games behind San Diego for the second wildcard. The Padres have the hardest remaining schedule. The Reds have the second easiest. Also, the Chicago Cubs have lost 12 straight games. 

It's remarkable the Reds are in striking distance of the playoffs given their bullpen issues

Archived