MLB 2021 Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know how much better the Rays were from the rest of their division. The Red Sox are just no match.

I'm not rooting against the White Sox, but I find a little bit of pleasure in seeing Tony La Russa potentially bounced in the first ALDS.

EDIT: Red Sox currently making it closer.

It's a real shame this series isn't the NLCS. It looks aesthetically too big time to be the division series.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just for the record, temper your praise for Logan Webb.  The Dodgers Dodgered last night.  All season they'd go from scoring double digits one night to swinging at anything that moves the next and that was compounded with Bellinger still suffering from the career-long curse of the low and away slider (REALLY compounded by that extra two or three inches the strike zone grew) and Matt Beaty failing his job interview for a significant role in the postseason.

Or, in summation, Beaty/Bellinger:

strikeout.gif

VmWIn6B.png

These announcers are awful. The ball hits the wall then the ground, then the outfielder and goes over the wall. Clearly it’s a ground rule double. It would be nothing else. Now the announcers are calling it like it should be a home run and the rules should be changed if it’s not. Absolutely ridiculous comments to make.

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

These announcers are awful. The ball hits the wall then the ground, then the outfielder and goes over the wall. Clearly it’s a ground rule double. It would be nothing else. Now the announcers are calling it like it should be a home run and the rules should be changed if it’s not. Absolutely ridiculous comments to make.

They didn’t say it should be a home run. But since this is a rare occurrence, it’s understandable to question whether or not it’s a true ground rule double until there is an explanation.

Regardless, that was one hell of an insane game. 

It's almost like OT Baseball is far more fun & exciting when you aren't giving the team a 2nd base handicap (I :censored:ing hate that rule)

IDK who the Red Sox are going to start Monday now. Sale I guess? Or do they save him for a possible game 5. 

Too bad the game won't start at 11AM like every Marthon Monday game. LOL

4 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Regardless, that was one hell of an insane game. 

It's almost like OT Baseball is far more fun & exciting when you aren't giving the team a 2nd base handicap (I :censored:ing hate that rule)

IDK who the Red Sox are going to start Monday now. Sale I guess? Or do they save him for a possible game 5. 

Too bad the game won't start at 11AM like every Marthon Monday game. LOL

I’d have Eovaldi for game 5 he has been our ace so far. Only question is rest but Wednesday is 3 days rest so shouldn’t be too hard on him.

If the Rays win this, they're gonna win game five in Tampa. You can't give up 5 runs and then blow multiple opportunities to take the lead again. Sox simply don't deserve it tonight. Yikes!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

2 minutes ago, Brass said:

If the Rays win this, they're gonna win game five in Tampa. You can't give up 5 runs and then blow multiple opportunities to take the lead again. Sox simply don't deserve it tonight. Yikes!

I knew 5 runs wasn't going to be enough. Red Sox Bullpens is such garbage. Biggest weakness on the team. 

I'll be honest, after the disaster of last season, I had 0 expectations for the Red Sox this season. 

So I was shocked when they came out on fugo and were fighting not just for 1st in the division, but best record in the league. 

Then the slump happened and I was convinced the simply overachieved. 

This season somehow had shades of both 2011 & 2013. Hopefully it ends up like the latter. 

And then they managed to sneak into the playoffs somehow (though I wouldn't have been upset if the Mariners got in over them). Knocking off the Yankees always brings a smile to my face, but beating the Rays was a surprise. 

Against the Astros I really don't like their odds though, White Sox I think they could beat. 

Thinking way too far ahead, but If we get a Red Sox - Giants world series, expect to hear A LOT about Mike Yastrzemski.  😄

I know I'm way behind everything, but why in the world is the division series best of 5?

Baseball makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I know I'm way behind everything, but why in the world is the division series best of 5

Right. Like if they played 3 quarters of football in NFL Wild Card games.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived