MLB 2021 Season Thread

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

'Ray Fosse, MLB catcher bowled over by Pete Rose in All-Star Game and Oakland Athletics 'franchise icon,' dies'

Some headline.. 🙄

It was always kind of his “thing”. Pretty sure he got hurt and it ended his career. While I was working for the A’s radio team they must’ve mentioned it once a week, and that was like 20 years ago. 

Giants drop it to the Dodgers. I’m way less pissed than I thought I would be, because at least it was a close fight between two 100+ win teams. The Dodgers proved their worth 100%.

Heck, the Giants simply couldn’t score without the long ball. That was gonna be messy against the Braves. The Dodgers have better talent against that kind of opponent. I doubt the Giants would’ve beaten them (Braves are now my least favorite team, for mod edit reasons).

Ah well, it was a fun season and I’ve seen this team win three World Series in the last decade. I don’t have complaining privileges for at least a few years. Good game Dodgers.

Tonight is a really solid example of why, even though I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns, I still respect the Dodgers. These two teams were razor thin, and their slumping star helped them eek one out vs a rookie closer. If my team is going to break my heart by losing to their main rivals, I’m at least happy this is how it happened. 

Also, I never at any point really expected the Giants to do anything this year. They had a ton of problems with balance and we’re relying on a whole group of guys playing WAY above their heads. This whole thing felt really flukey and frankly, I’m just happy I got an extra week of ball to watch. 

7 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Also, I never at any point really expected the Giants to do anything this year. They had a ton of problems with balance and we’re relying on a whole group of guys playing WAY above their heads. This whole thing felt really flukey and frankly, I’m just happy I got an extra week of ball to watch. 

Same. It was a really fun season and it showed a lot of strengths to build upon next year or in later years. Farhan and Kapler have done outstanding jobs here. I had no expectations going into this year, so I’m very pleased with the results.

It was an exciting and unexpected ride and I’m glad I got to see them play in-person this year with my significant other (for my SO’s first game).