MLB 2021 Season Thread

Whoops... wrong forum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, scraw28 said:

I will say either Denver or Yankee stadium ...Milwaukee is a solid nominee.....or Williamsport pa home of the little league world series...but i digress...on topic I am curious on what the design process will be for the logo and branding

Williamsport would be INCREDIBLE!!! 

4 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

Camden Yards deserves another ASG. One of the greatest parks in baseball and its only hosted one in the early 90s. Maybe not this year so Milwaukee can celebrate Hank Aaron, but why they don't have another lined up is beyond me

I wonder if Baltimore not having one lined up has to do with the MASN drama. They could be waiting for Angelos to be out of the picture.

23 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

Camden Yards deserves another ASG. One of the greatest parks in baseball and its only hosted one in the early 90s. Maybe not this year so Milwaukee can celebrate Hank Aaron, but why they don't have another lined up is beyond me

Oriole ownership were rumbling at "possibly" wanting a new ballpark or major upgrade/updates. MLB likes to keep ASGs as treats to cities for these changes.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2019/11/08/baltimore-orioles-planning-oriole-park-future/

Although Manfred has vehemently denied this, I'm actually rather convinced that the MASN drama is the main reason why Camden Yards hasn't been awarded the All Star Game again. One of the worst things a franchise/ownership can do in the eyes of MLB is be a headache with regard to broadcast revenue. If I'm not mistaken, there's still ongoing litigation or at least there has been some court cases recently.

19 minutes ago, Marlins93 said:

Although Manfred has vehemently denied this, I'm actually rather convinced that the MASN drama is the main reason why Camden Yards hasn't been awarded the All Star Game again. One of the worst things a franchise/ownership can do in the eyes of MLB is be a headache with regard to broadcast revenue. If I'm not mistaken, there's still ongoing litigation or at least there has been some court cases recently.

I think it is a combination of the MASN and waiting for future upgrades to the stadium (see my previous post)

In the ever majestic words of Orioles ownership in response to MASN ever being on an internet-based tv service, “It’s a privilege to watch the Orioles” or some bogus :censored: like that.

Yeah, people sure do want to see a team constantly play sub-.500 baseball every single season. 

Unpopular opinion: OPACY sucks.  It was designed the "old" way, with closed concourses that make it so there's no air flow in many of the seating areas and you sweat your balls off, and when you go to get a beer or to the bathroom you're in a dark-dingy concourse with no way to see the game.  Most of the new ballparks have lots of "social" areas all throughout the park where you can hang out and watch the game besides being in your seat, and OPACY has only one or two.  They're nice, and the view / atmosphere is very nice, but it is obviously a park that was built 30 years ago, and isn't even close to being in the top tier of parks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Unpopular opinion: OPACY sucks.  It was designed the "old" way, with closed concourses that make it so there's no air flow in many of the seating areas and you sweat your balls off, and when you go to get a beer or to the bathroom you're in a dark-dingy concourse with no way to see the game.  Most of the new ballparks have lots of "social" areas all throughout the park where you can hang out and watch the game besides being in your seat, and OPACY has only one or two.  They're nice, and the view / atmosphere is very nice, but it is obviously a park that was built 30 years ago, and isn't even close to being in the top tier of parks.

I think the Angelos sons, assuming they inherit the team, are hoping to open up the concourses in an effort to modernize the park. I agree that would be a major improvement but that sounds like a very expensive and long renovation project. I can't imagine something like that being easy from an engineering standpoint.

Braves have removed the ASG patch from their gray jerseys, though you can clearly see the remnants of it.  It looks terrible - not sure if it's glue or stitching that's left behind, but they may need to get all new jerseys for their next road trip.

EDIT:

Archived