MLB 2021 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If the Mets go 162-0, every forum member has to get "I'M IN PHONE" tatted on their foreheads.

Just to be clear - if they do go 162-0, outscore their opponents 1,620-0 in the regular season, then get beat by the Rays in the WS, they were not the greatest team ever (but we still need to get the tats).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BBTV said:

If the Mets go 162-0, every forum member has to get "I'M IN PHONE" tatted on their foreheads.

I'm sure I can get the mod squad to go along with that and make it an official rule.

BB52Big.jpg

32 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

So this Ohtani guy seems to be fairly decent at playing baseball. He's hit a HR and struck out three White Sox in 3 innings.

While this is nice and all, I'm pretty sure Anaheim is going to find a way to screw this up down the road.. it's the Angel way.

7 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

While this is nice and all, I'm pretty sure Anaheim is going to find a way to screw this up down the road.. it's the Angel way.

Dude's having a good game. I'm enjoying the moment. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

Yeah, pretty sure I put the hex on him.

Veryyy shocking Maddon let Ohtani throw in that situation. He's usually quick to hook a pitcher when he's cruising like that.

6uXNWAo.png

That Ohtani homer was legit one of the loudest baseball sounds I’ve ever heard. He is insanely strong.

Really hoping he’s okay after that plate collision. I’m glad he got back on his feet, but that little limp didn’t look good. I’m not going to pretend I know more about baseball than Joe Maddon, but I was floored he didn’t take Ohtani out when Abreu came up. That decision is going to have been an extra bad one if he’s hurt. I can appreciate trusting him to get out of a jam (and to Maddon’s credit, Ohtani did get the strikeout on Moncada before the ball got away), but still. The time to pull him really, really felt like Abreu’s at-bat. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That Ohtani homer was legit one of the loudest baseball sounds I’ve ever heard. He is insanely strong.

That's mostly a credit to ESPN's microphones.  ESPN mics the HELL out of their baseball coverage.

Example:  Here's a 466-foot Bryce Harper dinger that he blasted the soul out of.  Sounds pathetic compared to Ohtani's bomb, yeah?

Whereas here's another Harper home run he didn't quite obliterate, but still a crushed ball.  The difference?  This blast was on ESPN.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

OK, I guess I need to adjust my television settings then. LOL! I'll also add that the yellow accessories and shoes are a bigger eyesore

I love Acuna and all, but I have really been annoyed with the choice of accessory colors the last few years. I enjoyed seeing red sleeves begin to appear a few years ago, but the yellow and neon drive me insane. I was happy to see Ozuna in a white sleeve yesterday, but... I know it's only a few days before he breaks out the neon again. 

What happened to the belt and shoe rules?  I don't see how those shouldn't be considered parts of the uniform.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What happened to the belt and shoe rules?  I don't see how those shouldn't be considered parts of the uniform.  

I think those got tossed out the window when Nike started making volt colored accessories. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

#CardinalsStrong

I hope the epicenter of baseball integrity and heart can pull through this trying time, knowing the meany mans who hurt their widdle feelings the other day is getting a time out.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

27 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I hope the epicenter of baseball integrity and heart can pull through this trying time

Not sure how the Marlins got involved in all this. 🙃

Today, we are all this thing...

papSS2s.gif

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

No, because that would mean that Knapp got a hit...

Bad time to make that joke considering he hit a HR in the game.

Archived