MLB 2021 Season Thread

Let's look at the series of events and, not biased here, just recounting the video at this point

1. Woodford drills Castellanos in the back. Maybe he simply lost control, maybe he did it on purpose because Castellanos didn't respect the game enough on Thursday when he hit a home run. We'll never know. 

2. Castellanos picks up the ball and asks him if he wants it back because he didn't seem to have very good control of that particular ball. Objectively funny thing to do, but also probably not enough respecting the game for the Cardinals liking. Castellanos also asks Molina if that was on purpose, ump makes everyone go to their places.

Game Disrespecto Meter - 2 out of 5.

3. Castellanos eventually moves to third base.

4. Molina lets a passed ball by him (probably too distracted by Castellanos previous lack of respect for the game to fully concentrate), Castellanos slides into home, Woodford puts a knee into his back trying to apply the tag, Castellanos stands up, flexes, and yells "LET'S :censored:ING GO!" into Woodford's face, which was crotch level at that point. Not very sporting, not very game-respecting of him, Game Disrespecto Meter is now at 5 out of 5 but a suspendable offense? Hardly. I'd say it's about 1/8 as bad as, just making something up here, throwing your bat into right field after hitting a walk-off single. If someone were to do that I think that'd be dangerous and also very disrespectful to the game and the opponent. Good thing nobody's ever done that in baseball ever. 

5. Castellanos begins to walk off the field, Yadier Molina shoves the umpire out of way, grabs Castellanos by the neck, Mike Moustakas gets in his face, and then the benches clear. Castellanos does literally nothing after this. Aside from Woodford and him colliding at home and Molina grabbing his neck, he never touches anybody throughout the entire incident. 

and now let's breakdown MLB's logic based on the video:

throwing a high-velocity projectile at a guy - not a serious offense

shoving an umpire - not a serious offense

grabbing a guy by the neck, further escalating the incident - not a serious offense

having the gall to disrespect the game in front of the St Louis Cardinals - two games. 

It's a joke.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really a shame Brian McCann never played for the Cards.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Sport said:

having the gall to disrespect the game in front of the St Louis Cardinals - two games. 

It's a joke.

Sure, if your idea of a joke is walking into a church on Easter Sunday, shouting "HAIL SATAN!", and then beating the daylights out of an old widow lady. And let's be honest, what Castellanos did was way worse than that.

BB52Big.jpg

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Sure, if your idea of a joke is walking into a church on Easter Sunday, shouting "HAIL SATAN!", and then beating the daylights out of an old widow lady. And let's be honest, what Castellanos did was way worse than that.

He basically did what you said, except the "old widow lady" was just an "old lady" before he walked in.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But... THEY'RE PATRIOTS GOT DAMMIT.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

31 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Something tells me the happenings of Globe Life Park are a precursor to where the MLB wants the ASG this year.

Moving from Georgia to Texas for political reasons would be extremely hypocritical.

I'm vaxxed and I wouldn't set foot in that Costco.

19 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Moving from Georgia to Texas for political reasons would be extremely hypocritical.

I'm vaxxed and I wouldn't set foot in that Costco.

Ditto.  I'm getting dose 2 of Pfizer next week and I'm waiting until May 1 to even eat outdoors at a restaurant.  Granted, come May I'll look at getting Dodger tickets but Dodger Stadium is actually a truly open-air stadium and it's limited to 35% capacity with mandated mask usage.

VmWIn6B.png

49 minutes ago, LMU said:

Ditto.  I'm getting dose 2 of Pfizer next week and I'm waiting until May 1 to even eat outdoors at a restaurant..

That sounds a little extreme, but to each their own.  I'm going to Phillies game tomorrow, where they just increased the max to 11k. 

EDIT:

Speaking of that game, if the Mets hold this lead, only 161 to go until we have to get "I'm in phone" tattooed on our foreheads.  In a sick way, I'm kinda pulling for them to pull it off.

EDIT2:

I fully support any stadium that uses Aramark as its food vendor to go to 100% ASAP.  I won't necessarily go... but I fully support that move.

EDIT3:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA dumb af Mets.  That's what you get for pulling deGrom with like 70 pitches.  Wish I could see Tnak's face right now (actually no I don't.)

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

What happened to the belt and shoe rules?  I don't see how those shouldn't be considered parts of the uniform.  

Not sure about the belt, but the shoe rules have kinda gone out the door unless you're bauer and using your own logo. Then you get a stern letter from the comish office.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

"all gold everything" except for literally everything except the outlines.

Should be "all gold outlines on everything (except the numbers)"

Pretty sure the numbers are outlined in gold as well. Unless you meant they shouldn't be either.

Just now, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Pretty sure the numbers are outlined in gold as well. Unless you meant they shouldn't be either.

My bad.  Couldn't tell without blowing up the photo.  They probably should have left the numbers alone and just outlined everything that's in blue.

6 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

I have some tolerance for a Braves player wearing yellow/gold accessories like that.  At least it looks like a color that's in their logo and on the front of their jersey, and not some random color that has no connection.  It's not, like, a "neon" yellow (THAT would look pretty bad).

Ozuna does this with Atlanta. I cringe everytime I see it...  

606901dab1fed.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C682

20210403-170539-preview.jpg

Archived