Major League Football - Reimagining the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger (Jacksonville Jaguars update)

Just now, BayBaseballFan said:

@ralphzThat's actually a really good call on the helmets. It definitely differentiates them from Washington's look. Also the front direction instead of back to front makes it feel less attached to Native American canotations. 

spacer.png

Still not sold on the gold helmets and pants.

Maybe just have purple and either black or gold. Or how about purple and silver?

Jacksonville Jaguars - Florida's cats get some capes

So I'll admit the Jaguars were one of the last teams I did. So coming up with a totally unique concept was getting a little more difficult. The first thing I decided upon was the helmet script. It actually had a lot to do with my own artist limitations in terms of being unable to create a new jaguar logo. Then I remembered seeing the Creighton Jays script helmet a while back and felt like a four-letter script logo would fit with the era. Next and maybe more controversially came the "capes" on the jerseys. Originally a ridiculed element of the mid-60's Steelers uniforms, I always had a soft spot for it. If anyone actually reads these - could use some advice on how to avoid the clash of the "cape" with the name plate on the home jerseys. The cape didn't seem to have a sharp enough edge without the black and making the name white blended in too much with the tan. Lastly, the alt logo. I cheated and recolored an old style University of Missouri decal. I felt too guilty to put "Jax" on the helmet, but I think it's nice as a secondary mark.

Next up - the Atlanta Falcons feature some jersey feathers.

spacer.png

References / Inspiration

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• BayBaseballFan changed the title to Major League Football - Reimagining the 1970 AFL-NFL Merger (Jacksonville Jaguars update)
1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Still not sold on the gold helmets and pants.

Maybe just have purple and either black or gold. Or how about purple and silver?

@neo_pranksterHmm. Silver could work. I personally prefer gold since it's one of the elements of their shield. Might add it to the list to revisit once the whole series is over.

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

For the Jags, could you make the thin stripe white in between the teal and black? Also, maybe darken the gold so that the name contrasts(or make the name white with a black outline).

I second this suggestion, and believe it'll make the uniform really stand out. 

19 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

Why not just teal and gold and have the black be a color they can add later on?

Yeah I can see a gold helmet in the 60s and then switching to black later on.