New Spotify desktop app

A new Spotify desktop app appeared about a week ago and I feel like it's now excruciating to use?

The search bar that used to be on the top of every screen (or felt like it) is now hidden. The green Play button seems to be just out of reach of where you'd expect it to be (why the lower right of icons, and not centered?). My Discover Weekly seems to be not where it used to be. 

I struggle a lot of with redesigns for the sake of redesigns, and this feels like an especially egregious example. Anyone else feeling this, or is this a me problem?

My biggest complaint is with the mobile app redesign. You can no longer order your playlists in whatever order you want, you have to pick between most recently played, alphabetical, artist name, etc. Like DG said, redesign for the sale of redesign. 

I don't use Spotify, but if this redesign is anything like the mess they've made of the Apple podacst app, you've got my sympathy.

I never understand how you can change something from basic function (ie 2 clicks) to a convuluted layout (resulting in 6 clicks) and call that progress.

It’s terrible.  My playlists are now mixed all to hell with recently played and now I have to search for my own damn playlists.  Just a total disaster.