Edmonton Elks Helmet Concepts--Could not resist.

WideRight

I could not resist.   

I think the helmet is the only part of the new Edmonton Elks look that is not a solid A+ across the board.   So, i tried some experiments using the antlers from Dane Storrusten's amazing design for the A11FL Chicago Staggs found here (I hope that is OK, Dane, for a quick mockup), the new Elk logo and the traditional EE logo.  Which of the 6 do you prefer?  Assume that all helmets except #1 have a stripe pattern similar to the most recent Eskimos look. 

spacer.png

I was wondering what the over/under was on when the first of these would go up. For me, I like all of them except 2..and 6 to a lesser degree. Overall they knocked this rebrand out of the park, but like was mentioned earlier I think the horns on the helmet should be thicker.

OK, one more.  

I took the actual antler logo and changed the angle so that it started above the facemask and went further across the entire helmet, then added a white shadow beneath it just for some contrast.  I think I like this one better than any of the others I have modified. 

spacer.png

That latest take is a big step up from the real thing! Every aspect feels well-integrated and well-weighted now, unlike the design they have.

As for your original takes, I think 3, 4, 5, and 6 might benefit from no outline. For 3, I think that would mean going two-color, which looks better with that logo anyway. I'm glad they went with antlered helmets rather than a side logo, but they'd be okay as alternate helmets, I suppose.

Archived