Anaheim [Mighty] Ducks

B-mer

Honestly, I got some Duck fever after watching the new show on Disney+, with a swirl of ideas in my head between the District 5 look and the original NHL branding.  I'll start with the latter since I haven't figured out something for the first.  

My intention was to not make a direct throwback and attempt to update in small ways. I think by most informed accounts I've read here pretty much everyone other than the owners wants to go back to eggplant and jade, and the anniversary jersey was sort of my jumping off point.  I made a small adjustment to the striping, kept the current name/number font, and used the same version of the logo on both sets.  The collar on the home was giving me fits.  I don't particularly like this style, but a full white was too much.

spacer.png

Secondly, I tried out something to bring the yellow to the jersey.  I always thought the inclusion of the yellow on those old alternates really popped, so I gave it a try with this design as it would remain a subtle touch, and kind of carry on the piping theme since the Edge conversion.  Thoughts?

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1

These are good, have you tried blending the original Mighty Ducks jersey (the green jersey) with the colors (Eggplant and Jade combo) and duck logo you have together? I have been wondering how it really looks like.

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

9 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

These are good, have you tried blending the original Mighty Ducks jersey (the green jersey) with the colors (Eggplant and Jade combo) and duck logo you have together? I have been wondering how it really looks like.

That's what I've been mulling over.  Just trying to figure it out as while I was thinking about that I was really stuck on keeping the yellow in to make it more dynamic.  Maybe I'll try something today instead of work. lol.

13 hours ago, JMtexan09 said:

Something like this?  I know the black and eggplant blend together but I went for a fairly straight callback to it.  It also kind of works with the black in the logo.  All i changed on that was the triangle to eggplant.  I gotta say i actually like it more than i thought i would.

I suppose another option could be to swap black for eggplant and mix in silver?  now that i have it i can play around with colors more. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

I like them...my only suggestion would be to test something out...change the sticks and other yellow accents to orange on the primary jerseys. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I like them...my only suggestion would be to test something out...change the sticks and other yellow accents to orange on the primary jerseys. 

Eh, I'm personally not a fan of orange with the eggplant and jade.  

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Eh, I'm personally not a fan of orange with the eggplant and jade.  

spacer.png

Thanks for the preview...I like it, but I'm not sure it'd be a big upgrade over the yellow. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B-mer said:

I recolored their current shoulder patch and swapped the logo at the center.  I originally was fine without the shoulder patch but this does complete it a bit. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I like this. You fixed the silver logo triangle on the eggplant jerseys. I like the original numbers better, but I don't mind the new numbers either

• Like 1

19 hours ago, B-mer said:

Something like this?  I know the black and eggplant blend together but I went for a fairly straight callback to it.  It also kind of works with the black in the logo.  All i changed on that was the triangle to eggplant.  I gotta say i actually like it more than i thought i would.

I suppose another option could be to swap black for eggplant and mix in silver?  now that i have it i can play around with colors more. 

spacer.png

Trippy! It isn't that bad lol

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

• 10 months later...

Revisiting this concept with an option keeping the current color scheme. Also, two options for the logo colors because i can't decide. For some reason i really like the sticks being yellow, but that's a lot of orange too.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, B-mer said:

Revisiting this concept with an option keeping the current color scheme. Also, two options for the logo colors because i can't decide. For some reason i really like the sticks being yellow, but that's a lot of orange too.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Excellent 🤙🏼 Only minor thing I would change is eliminating the white outline of the logo on the home black jersey. Other than that, STAY MIGHTY!!! 🏒 🦆 (favorite grouping is the metallic gold triangle and orange sticks)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, B-mer said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The orange sticks on the gold triangle look pretty good.

For the yellow sticks...why not make them metallic gold on the orange triangle? 

28 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The orange sticks on the gold triangle look pretty good.

For the yellow sticks...why not make them metallic gold on the orange triangle? 

Yeah I could. I just like them yellow like on the alt jersey for some reason.  But I think I am starting to lean to the gold triangle. 

• Like 1