USFL 2023 Season

Skycast

41 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

The Philadelphia/Baltimore Stars actually did change their colors slightly; they were red and old/metallic gold in the 1980s, but they are now wearing red and yellow (a.k.a. "athletic gold"), sort of like the KC Chiefs.

Always bothered me back in the day how the Stars and Stallions, two 'year one' teams, had exactly the same color scheme and almost the same uni template.  It's a bit different this time around.

Slight changes, yes. But making the Stars blue and green wasn't going to happen. I also think the Stars should have kept the metallic gold with Birmingham using that khaki color now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Watching Breakers-Bandits...and dude on TB turning something into nothing...all I can say is ohhh maaaan...I know I'd feel horrible if I just flat out dropped the ball on the ground like that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The Birmingham vs. New Orleans game next Saturday might be the best game in the young season... both unbeaten, a great offense against a great defense, and a strong home crowd for the Stallions despite being the road team.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

They're playing football right now, started at 10:00 p.m. Eastern. 🤦‍♂️ Nobody shows up. what a surprise!

The way the season has gone in terms of attendance reminds me a lot of an early season MTE (Multi Team Event) in college basketball: Not many people will sit in the stands and watch Philadelphia vs. Michigan here... but when the home town Stallions come to play, the fans will be there.

• Like 4

Refs are so eager to speed up the pace of play that they asked the wrong coach if he wanted to take a penalty against his team, or the play. Also called holding on a WR that was being grabbed by the defender on a run by the QB. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/7/2022 at 6:37 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Refs are so eager to speed up the pace of play that they asked the wrong coach if he wanted to take a penalty against his team, or the play. Also called holding on a WR that was being grabbed by the defender on a run by the QB. 

Drive ends because the QB got sacked on third and long instead of having a first down inside the 30.  Not sure what college conference some of these refs are from but I feel bad for those teams next season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Are there different rules for eligible receivers in this league?

Iin the Generals' game, Tampa Bay quarterback Jordan Ta'amu hit a lineman (Corbin Kafusi) for a 30-yard completion. The lineman wasn't lined up as a tight end; he was one of the front four.

https://kslsports.com/487169/corbin-kaufusi-tampa-bay-bandits-usfl-catch/

He lined up outside. Not sure how the announcement he was eligible was made but I've seen it made in other games, including this Breakers v Panthers game tonight. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

[Kafusi] lined up outside. Not sure how the announcement he was eligible was made but I've seen it made in other games, including this Breakers v Panthers game tonight.

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification. I must have seen the replay wrong.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Pittsburgh really earned its 1-6 record yesterday by head coach Kirby Wilson pulling his starting QB down 7 with four minutes left in the 4th quarter for a guy from D2 Slippery Rock the team just signed this past Tuesday, because he didn't like the starter's "body language." The announcers did everything short of outright calling Wilson an idiot for the move.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

17 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Pittsburgh really earned its 1-6 record yesterday by head coach Kirby Wilson pulling his starting QB down 7 with four minutes left in the 4th quarter for a guy from D2 Slippery Rock the team just signed this past Tuesday, because he didn't like the starter's "body language." The announcers did everything short of outright calling Wilson an idiot for the move.

So Wilson has learned nothing as an assistant for 6 years under Mike Tomlin from the looks of it.  A few weeks, ago the announcers mentioned that Wilson calls Tomlin for advice.  Tomlin would never do anything like that.  Tomlin isn't going to bench Mitch Trubisky due to bad body language.  He'll bench Trubisky if he plays bad (which is likely).  And then he's not going to replace Trubisky with a QB they signed a few days prior who has no knowledge of the playbook.  Instead it will be Kenny Pickett. 

Also, Kevin Sumlin showed why he's a mediocre coach as well.  

On 6/4/2022 at 4:18 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Games are at Legion Field this week and pretty low turnout for the Stallions this afternoon. At least it looks like it. 

This week and Week 10 are at legion. Not as great a location and now that summer is here, an afternoon game in Birmingham in June is not going to be a fun three hours for anyone. This is the big problem with the hub city plan. South if better for the first few weeks, but not the end. At least the playoffs are going to be in Ohio.