Canadian Premier League unveils new home kits for all 8 teams

officeglenn

They're calling them the "Community Edition" -- details here: https://canpl.ca/article/cpl-clubs-unveil-2021-community-kits-view-all-8-now

Atletico Ottawa:

OTT_2021.png

Cavalry FC:

CAV_2021.png

FC Edmonton:

FCE_2021.png

Forge FC:

FOR_2021.png

HFX Wanderers FC:

HFX_2021.png

Pacific FC:

PFC-2021.png

Valour FC:

VAL_2021.png

York United:

YRK_2021.png

Can we go back to home and change kits? Naming kits something special is annoying as hell. Damn you Nike and adidas!!! Also, there's actually a betting company called Come On!, ? I'm surprised they are allowing betting websites on uniforms up there. I think MLS has an official partner, but they aren't on jerseys yet. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

kitlaunch2021_infographic_release

Dragon energy? Ok.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

9 hours ago, Jer15 said:

kitlaunch2021_infographic_release

Dragon energy? Ok.

Each 2021 kit features “a nod of acknowledgement and gratitude” to the communities the CPL clubs play in through a unique graphic, symbol, image, or icon that represents their home; Pacific FC’s 2021 kit, for example, features a series of horizontal lines inspired by ocean-surface gravity waves off the coast of Vancouver Island, HFX Wanderers FC’s blue-on-blue strip features a sublimated lion rampant similar to the one found on Nova Scotia’s flag, while Cavalry FC sports a design inspired by Fort Calgary and Colonel James MacLeod, a well-known Calgarian.

They completely ignored Forge in the release, because they know it's a stretch.

The Gore Park fountain is 100x more "Community" than this. Better yet, skip the sublimation and just make the collar blue. 

Forge FC's creative team has got to be the worst in the CPL, if not sports in general. This makes Nike-speak sound like literary classics. 

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Errea does a good job of not forcing all teams into one collar or template. I really wish Nike and Adidas would come around to this.

I also can’t think of few things more Canadian than a Tim Hortons sponsorship. 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

6 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Then you'll like this:

In addition to that team playing at Tim Horton's field; the commissioner of the CPL, David Clanachan, is President and Chief Operating Officer of Tim Horton's. 

All Timmy's all the time!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

7 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Errea does a good job of not forcing all teams into one collar or template. I really wish Nike and Adidas would come around to this.

This is Macron. Nike actually moved away from templated collars for their pro teams as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/8/2021 at 2:07 AM, officeglenn said:

They're calling them the "Community Edition" -- details here: https://canpl.ca/article/cpl-clubs-unveil-2021-community-kits-view-all-8-now

Atletico Ottawa:

OTT_2021.png

Cavalry FC:

CAV_2021.png

FC Edmonton:

FCE_2021.png

Forge FC:

FOR_2021.png

HFX Wanderers FC:

HFX_2021.png

Pacific FC:

PFC-2021.png

Valour FC:

VAL_2021.png

York United:

YRK_2021.png

They better be home kits, because they look damn fine to me. Even without the marketing blurb, I'll highly rate them in a way Adidas should've taken lessons with.

16 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

They better be home kits, because they look damn fine to me. Even without the marketing blurb, I'll highly rate them in a way Adidas should've taken lessons with.

Yes, these are the home kits this year. I hope the next set of away kits offer something other than white or black. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Yes, these are the home kits this year. I hope the next set of away kits offer something other than white or black. 

I wonder if they just keep the black ones this year because they didn't wear them in front of fans. 

20 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I wonder if they just keep the black ones this year because they didn't wear them in front of fans. 

I think they are on two year uniform rotations like MLS, so it should be the black kits this year still. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived