90s web design alive today

Until recently, the Space Jam website was essentially untouched since 1996 and was a classic example of old-fashioned web design that still existed.

Today while doing some research for work, I came across this gem: http://vashonisland.net/ (The 404 page is pretty special).

I like these quaint websites that didn't migrate to Squarespace or whatever. They're not handsome -- or even functional -- but they have personality that millions of copycats sites don't. 

What examples do you have?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, officeglenn said:

Here's the homepage for the quintessentially Canadian snack food, Hawkins Cheezies: http://www.cheezies.com/index3.htm

Never change, Hawkins. Never change.

That's perfect. Page launched presumably 20 years ago and done forever.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That's a real company?

"Voted #69th best sunglass brand page, by your mom. Think you’ve got something worthy enough for us to throw up on our social media? Go ahead… try us."

The default email address in the text box to submit yours is "yourmom@hotmale.com"

Then there's this - a lot to unpack here:

hero03_1_1_x800.png?v=1571161112

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Merika---BBBB_292fcfe2-18fe-4a33-9356-c8

Not for me, but good for them.

I like this new Pit Viper thread. wow.

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Until recently, the Space Jam website was essentially untouched since 1996 and was a classic example of old-fashioned web design that still existed.

So there's an easter egg where if you hit the Space Jam logo on the new website, it took you to the website from 1996

https://www.spacejam.com/1996/

2 hours ago, kerlonmoura said:

Berkshire Hathaway's website is a good example:

https://www.berkshirehathaway.com/

The site includes a small text ad for Geico, and doesn't even include a referral link.

They sell activewear!

BRK2020_ComingSoon_1260x300_V3.jpg

bh1108_black_warhol_warren_tee_5.jpg?qua

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Some more stuff from Pit Viper:

They have the Pit-Viper Entertainment Network 15, or the PEN15 for short.

They offer prescription glasses, where they state that "Yes, unlike the odds of you having a girlfriend. Rx Vipers are really real."

They run Sh**tyHats.com, which also has a wonderfully 90s website, where they've got hats saying "I like butts tough," "Who sharted?" and "Here for the gang bang"

I really like these guys.

Archived