While I'm pretty happy with how the Cubs City Connect uniforms turned out given how poorly the initial jersey leak was received, I still think it would have been interesting had the team gone with a solid green design to mimic the famous ivy on Wrigley's outfield walls. 

spacer.png

Let me know what you think! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I decided I'll just use this thread to post my City Connect tweaks for each team as they roll out. Today we have the Marlins:

spacer.png

Even though I actually really like Miami's City Connect colors, I wanted to try the design in a teal and orange scheme which I've long felt are the colors the Fish should use full time. I also made the front panel of the cap white so the crown logo pops a little better. C&C appreciated! 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Marlins 6/11)
On 6/8/2021 at 6:20 PM, bcon_731 said:

You’d think they’d do something with green, it’s right there under their nose. Where’d they pull dark blue from? Way to go tho, solid tweak

Thanks! 

Today we have the Crosstown rival White Sox:

spacer.png

As a White Sox fan, I really like the South Sider's City Connect unis. However, I wanted to try the design with red in place of silver, both as a nod to the local Bulls and Blackhawks and also because it's a color scheme commonly suggested for the team. I'm also not a big fan of the "Chi" cap logo, so I replaced it with a tasteful Old English "C." Lastly, WHITE SOCKS. 

The Red Sox are next!  

• Like 9

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (White Sox 6/12)
On 6/12/2021 at 7:52 PM, NicDB said:

Not feeling the red pins, otherwise this is a pretty solid look.  Only I'm not sure I'd consider it an upgrade from the actual set if only because the White Sox hit a grand slam with theirs.

Fair enough. The silver is just fine, but I thought the red would be a bit more distinctive. Any feedback on the first two teams?

Skipping the Red Sox for now to post my D-Backs tweak:

spacer.png

I wanted to get my Arizona concept up while the D-Backs City Connect unis were still fresh in the news. I'm pretty disappointed the team kept their very generic black and Sedona red color scheme when three of the other City Connect teams so far have been treated to new color schemes by Nike, so this one undergoes some pretty significant changes. First, I replaced Sedona red with turquoise and added a turquoise outline to the script and back numbers. Second, I used pinstripes, as they add a bit more character to the design and are a nod to the D-Backs' classic original look. Third, even without having seen the full uniform on the field, I already know I'm not going to like the sand colored top + white pants combo, so I made the pants sand as well to complete the look. Once I get a clearer look at the triangle sleeve patch, I can add that to the socks and sleeve. 

C&C appreciated! The Red Sox are next (for real, this time). 

• Like 13

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Diamondbacks 6/14)
On 6/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, coco1997 said:

Thanks! 

spacer.png

As a White Sox fan, I really like the South Sider's City Connect unis. However, I wanted to try the design with red in place of silver, both as a nod to the local Bulls and Blackhawks and also because it's a color scheme commonly suggested for the team. I'm also not a big fan of the "Chi" cap logo, so I replaced it with a tasteful Old English "C." Lastly, WHITE SOCKS. 

The Red Sox are next!  

I'm a sucker for inter city team synergy so I love this. Big Bulls vibes form this and it also ties into the Blackhawks. Totally down for this

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

On 6/14/2021 at 12:58 PM, coco1997 said:

Fair enough. The silver is just fine, but I thought the red would be a bit more distinctive. Any feedback on the first two teams?

Skipping the Red Sox for now to post my D-Backs tweak:

spacer.png

I wanted to get my Arizona concept up while the D-Backs City Connect unis were still fresh in the news. I'm pretty disappointed the team kept their very generic black and Sedona red color scheme when three of the other City Connect teams so far have been treated to new color schemes by Nike, so this one undergoes some pretty significant changes. First, I replaced Sedona red with turquoise and added a turquoise outline to the script and back numbers. Second, I used pinstripes, as they add a bit more character to the design and are a nod to the D-Backs' classic original look. Third, even without having seen the full uniform on the field, I already know I'm not going to like the sand colored top + white pants combo, so I made the pants sand as well to complete the look. Once I get a clearer look at the triangle sleeve patch, I can add that to the socks and sleeve. 

C&C appreciated! The Red Sox are next (for real, this time). 

The turquoise ain't bad but I feel the one they came out with has more inter city team synergy (told you I liked it) with the Coyotes. Maybe try still using the Sedona red with some of the dark green or purple the Coyots used in the past?

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Coyotes/Coyotes02.html

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

On 6/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, coco1997 said:

spacer.png

Looks great! I was going to suggest this almost exactly in the City Connect thread ( maybe a snake pattern on the socks, or just turquoise socks ) 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

On 6/12/2021 at 12:01 PM, coco1997 said:

Thanks! 

spacer.png

The Red Sox are next!  

I love that the red can be a call back to the 1959 "Go-Go" White Sox. Well done.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I'm a sucker for inter city team synergy so I love this. Big Bulls vibes form this and it also ties into the Blackhawks. Totally down for this

9 hours ago, Chicageaux said:

I love that the red can be a call back to the 1959 "Go-Go" White Sox. Well done.

Thank you! Yes, the red with the black definitely hearkens back to the late '50s Sox (their best look, in my opinion). 

10 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Looks great! I was going to suggest this almost exactly in the City Connect thread ( maybe a snake pattern on the socks, or just turquoise socks ) 

23 hours ago, johne9109 said:

The turquoise ain't bad but I feel the one they came out with has more inter city team synergy (told you I liked it) with the Coyotes. Maybe try still using the Sedona red with some of the dark green or purple the Coyots used in the past?

Thanks! @johne9109 I can definitely play around with Coyotes colors for the D-Backs. I'm not against using Sedona red, but only in addition to a "classic" color like purple or turquoise. 

Up today we finally have the Red Sox!

spacer.png

I think Nike really blew it by launching the City Connect program with Boston's set. The problem is that absolutely nothing about this uniform screams "Red Sox," and I think that really dashed people's expectations right off the bat. 

For my tweak, I used a non-arched version of Boston's Tuscan script along with stencil style numbers akin to the actual jersey's script. I also went with a yellow cap logo because I'm not a fan of the blue on blue look. Not as major of a change as Arizona, but I think it's an improvement. 

C&C appreciated! New tweaks will be posted as additional teams are unveiled. 

• Like 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Red Sox 6/16)
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Thank you! Yes, the red with the black definitely hearkens back to the late '50s Sox (their best look, in my opinion). 

Thanks! @johne9109 I can definitely play around with Coyotes colors for the D-Backs. I'm not against using Sedona red, but only in addition to a "classic" color like purple or turquoise. 

Up today we finally have the Red Sox!

spacer.png

I think Nike really blew it by launching the City Connect program with Boston's set. The problem is that absolutely nothing about this uniform screams "Red Sox," and I think that really dashed people's expectations right off the bat. 

For my tweak, I used a non-arched version of Boston's Tuscan script along with stencil style numbers akin to the actual jersey's script. I also went with a yellow cap logo because I'm not a fan of the blue on blue look. Not as major of a change as Arizona, but I think it's an improvement. 

C&C appreciated! New tweaks will be posted as additional teams are unveiled. 

I still think this is way TOO radical of a change for the Red Sox. I do agree that in general it was misstep starting with this uniform with how much of  a departure it was for the Sox, but I think that was Nike's way of saying expect the unexpected. They could've done something green and said it was Green Monster or done something modeled off of the red brick architecture of New England or the Giant Citgo sign above Fenway (all great ideas that would've been more traditional or not as radical a change for the Red Sox). I'd even really dig something that said Beantown on it too. So it's not you it's this design that Nike and Boston had in the first place

I don't think going back to the Sox regular script is the answer for this. If they're really trying to make it off of the Boston Marathon it should use some of the writing they employ at the marathon like these

GettyImages-1219943875.jpg?quality=85&st

1603910741573.jpg

I also wonder if this would look less imposing as a blue dominant jersey with yellow accents; maybe even with white lettering like the picture above? The yellow B on the hat does look better. I just honestly think there are much better avenues that Nike and Boston could've taken. Again it's not you it's them

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

46 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

GettyImages-1219943875.jpg?quality=85&st

I also wonder if this would look less imposing as a blue dominant jersey with yellow accents; maybe even with white lettering like the picture above? The yellow B on the hat does look better. I just honestly think there are much better avenues that Nike and Boston could've taken. Again it's not you it's them

So something like this?

spacer.png

It's still dramatically different than Boston's regular look, but I agree that a blue-dominant uniform would probably have been better received than the yellow jersey. 

• Like 3

On 6/15/2021 at 5:48 PM, johne9109 said:

How's this?

spacer.png

• Like 5

A few tweaks for the end of the week...

First, I wanted to re-post a Cubs tweak I shared in another thread. Just a blue version of my original design:

spacer.png

Next, a tweaked version of my original D-Backs design, using the triangle sleeve patch and a less yellow shade of sand:

spacer.png

Big thanks to @Umachines for the cleaned up logos and scripts! 

Lastly, I wanted to see what the White Sox City Connect numbers would look like on their regular uniforms:

WHITE SOX HOME:

spacer.png

WHITE SOX ROAD:

spacer.png

WHITE SOX HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

C&C appreciated!

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Updates 6/18)
40 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Lastly, I wanted to see what the White Sox City Connect numbers would look like on their regular uniforms:

WHITE SOX HOME:

spacer.png

WHITE SOX ROAD:

spacer.png

WHITE SOX HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

C&C appreciated!

It works for the home and alt, but not the away. Otherwise it looks great!

• Like 1