22 hours ago, Coiler said:

Love these because they remind me of the Braves brief attempted rebranding as the "Bees" in the 1930s, with a blue and yellow color scheme.

spacer.png

Ooh, this actually gives me a fun idea!

spacer.png

BEES HOME:

spacer.png

BEES ROAD:

spacer.png

BEES HOME/ROAD ALT:

spacer.png

I finagled the stencil "Boston" script to create a new "Bees" script. Went with yellow scripts and numbers on both the home and road to stray true to those 1930s Bees uniforms. This was fun to do!

• Like 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Boston Bees 9/18)
On 9/19/2021 at 4:56 AM, Coiler said:

Looks very good and true to the blue-yellow Bees.

Thanks!

Here's a fun idea I had for a 1983 White Sox City Connect fauxback:

WHITE SOX 1983 CITY CONNECT:
spacer.png

Since the Sox love wearing their '83 throwbacks so much, I designed a City Connect uni in the style of that look. Monochrome navy with a "CHI" cap that mimics the front of the '82-86 jerseys. The numbers are in the same style as the lettering from those uniforms. 

C&C appreciated! I'll probably end up doing fauxbacks for the other teams as well. 

• Like 2

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks ('83 White Sox 9/20)
On 9/20/2021 at 2:40 PM, Coiler said:

Looks very much like you'd expect an 80s fauxback to look, and I love the 80s White Sox uniforms a lot, so it looks good to me.

Thanks!

Up today are the Brooklyn Dodgers!

BROOKLYN DODGERS:

spacer.png

For the Dodgers, I worked up a "Dem Bums" script to replace "Los Dodgers" and added T-bars to the sleeves. Everything else is pretty similar. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks ("Dem Bums" 9/23)
  • 4 months later...
  • coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Dodgers x Hollywood Stars 2/14)
  • 1 month later...

City Connect is back, and so am I!

WASHINGTON NATIONALS:

spacer.png

Washington unveiled their City Connect set this morning and I  have some thoughts:

What I like:

1. The color scheme

2. The cherry blossom theme

3. The cap logo/design

4. The D.C. flag

What I don't like:

1. "WSH" on the front of the jersey

2. The off-white pants

3. Lack of piping/trim 

To address my issues with the set, I made a few changes. First, I went with matching slate gray pants to go along with the jersey, which in turn meant pink undersleeves and socks. Next, I used a font called "Grand Gibson" to create a "District" wordmark in the style of the Homestead Grays. (To my knowledge we haven't seen the back of the jerseys yet, so I just used the same font for the numbers.) Lastly, as much as I like the use of the D.C. flag, I don't like that it looks like it's just kind of floating there on the left sleeve, so I decided to incorporate the flag into the actual sleeve design, with two thick pink stripes and three stars facing outward. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Cherry Blossom Nationals 3/29)
On 3/29/2022 at 5:50 PM, Coiler said:

Takes a great uniform and makes it better!

On 3/30/2022 at 5:03 AM, kerlonmoura said:

Absolute masterpiece, great work!

Thanks, guys!

Up today I have some fauxback designs:

CUBS 1933
spacer.png

A mono navy version of the Cubs' 1933 home uniform with wishbone "C" logo. 

NATIONALS 1935
spacer.png

A design heavily inspired by the 1930s' Homestead Grays home uniforms with T-bars. 

DODGERS 1939 
spacer.png

An inverted version of the Dodgers' 1916 checkerboard uniforms, with a "Brooklyn" replacing "Los Angeles" and a script "B" on the cap and sleeve. 

C&C appreciated! Still thinking of fauxback ideas for the D-Backs, Red Sox and Giants. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Cubs, Nats & Dodgers Fauxbacks 4/4)
On 4/6/2022 at 6:54 AM, Coiler said:

Love the checker uniforms and Cubs pseudo-throwback.

For the Giants, you could do the all-black 1905 World Series uniform. For the Diamondbacks, you could do something in early Suns colors.

Thanks! I have a few ideas in mind for the D-Backs. I'm struggling with San Francisco because I want to take the basic idea of their City Connects (orange with no black, Golden Gate Bridge trim) and apply it to an older uniform but I'm having a hard time making it work. I think it's made me realize that the Giants really have the worst ones so far, unfortunately. 

Anyway, up today I have an Astros fauxback:

spacer.png

ASTROS 1975
spacer.png

I like the Astros' newly unveiled City Connect unis so much that I probably won't even be tweaking them. The new design lends itself quite nicely to a 1975-mid '80s fauxback design. Instead of actual gradients, I used block gradients (specifically, Houston's tequila sunrise/rainbow guts pattern) and applied them to the script, numbers, cap logo and piping on an era-appropriate pullover style uniform. I also recreated "Space Land" using Kabel Black, a font very similar to the Astros' '70s-80s wordmark.  

C&C appreciated as usual!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Astros fauxback 4/10)

Here's an idea I had for a full Nationals set in their City Connect cherry blossom colors:

NATIONALS HOME:
spacer.png

NATIONALS ROAD:

spacer.png

NATIONALS HOME ALT:

spacer.png

Decided to go with the Nats' 2005-10 wordmarks so I could make use of the beveling of the City Connects' "WSH." Slate gray becomes the base color of the road uniform. 

On an unrelated note, anyone else craving Neapolitan ice cream all of a sudden?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Nationals full cherry blossom set 4/11)
  • 2 weeks later...

A few more fauxback designs this afternoon:

RED SOX 1974
spacer.png

The pullover style 1974 Red Sox in Boston Marathon yellow and blue. I couldn't think of anything both clever and era-appropriate for the front of the jerseys so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

WHITE SOX 1976
spacer.png

A design that sort of bridges the early '70s White Sox with the South Side Hitmen look of the 1977 team. "South Side" in Tuscan style with red pins on a solid navy uniform and the batterman on the cap. 

DIAMONDBACKS 2001
spacer.png

A pinstripe-less take on the classic vest style D-Backs in purple and turquoise with "Serpientes" in the original Diamondbacks typeface. 

C&C appreciated! If anyone has any other fauxback ideas or requests, let me know. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Red Sox, White Sox, D-Backs fauxbacks 4/19)
3 hours ago, coco1997 said:

A few more fauxback designs this afternoon:

RED SOX 1974
spacer.png

The pullover style 1974 Red Sox in Boston Marathon yellow and blue. I couldn't think of anything both clever and era-appropriate for the front of the jerseys so if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

WHITE SOX 1976
spacer.png

A design that sort of bridges the early '70s White Sox with the South Side Hitmen look of the 1977 team. "South Side" in Tuscan style with red pins on a solid navy uniform and the batterman on the cap. 

DIAMONDBACKS 2001
spacer.png

A pinstripe-less take on the classic vest style D-Backs in purple and turquoise with "Serpientes" in the original Diamondbacks typeface. 

C&C appreciated! If anyone has any other fauxback ideas or requests, let me know. 

Only other thing I can think of for the Sox is using the block lettering that they already used on the actual jersey

ZUH86xc.png

On 6/11/2021 at 11:48 AM, coco1997 said:

I decided I'll just use this thread to post my City Connect tweaks for each team as they roll out. Today we have the Marlins:

spacer.png

Even though I actually really like Miami's City Connect colors, I wanted to try the design in a teal and orange scheme which I've long felt are the colors the Fish should use full time. I also made the front panel of the cap white so the crown logo pops a little better. C&C appreciated! 

You could also go full pinwheel for the hat, with an orange back panel. 

On 4/19/2022 at 7:36 PM, johne9109 said:

Only other thing I can think of for the Sox is using the block lettering that they already used on the actual jersey

Not a bad idea, but I feel that looks too "modern" for a hypothetical 1974 uniform. I was trying to find photos of the Boston Marathon finish line from that year (or even any year before then) but no such luck. 

Up today is a Kansas City twofer!

ROYALS:

spacer.png

I really like the Royals' City Connect, and there's very little if anything I'd change about it. Still, I wanted to see how the design would look with gold in place of powder blue, if only to differentiate the set a bit more from the Cubs. I also converted the jersey to a pullover design a la the Royals of the mid-70s to early '80s. Props to @Victormrey for identifying a number font that closely resembles the one the actual Royals design features. 

ROYALS 1969:
spacer.png

Nike touts their Royals design as being inspired by the fountains of Kansas City as well as the "history of the Royals." If an equivalent to the City Connect program had existed in 1969, there would be no "Royals" history per se to draw from, so my design instead combines elements of the Kansas City Monarchs, Kansas City A's and the Kansas City flag of the time.

C&C appreciated!  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to City Connect tweaks (Royals tweak & fauxback 4/26)