Nike MLB City Connect Uniforms: Toronto Blue Jays

thebigeh

I don't see a whole lot of concepts for other Nike MLB City Concept uniforms for other teams besides the seven chosen. I'd like to show one for a team that wasn't included (and to try and curry favor to the guy in charge of this place, Chris Creamer), the Toronto Blue Jays:

Toronto_Blue_Jays_City_Series_Uniforms.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The inspiration for this came from the Toronto 3D sign that's parked in front of its city hall on Nathan Phillips Square.

a-night-view-of-the-3d-toronto-sign-toronto-city-hall-new-city-hall-and-nathan-phillips-square-in-downtown-toronto-ontario-canada-R3TFF0.jpg

On the right end, is the familiar Canadian red maple leaf. The symbol on the left is what's called a medicine wheel, familiar with many First Nations people. Originally, I was to include both symbols on the wordmark, but it ended up looking too small. So I put them on the sleeves.

The type of blue on the jerseys is the same as the blue on Toronto's city flag, while the red represents the red on the Canadian flag. The socks are red with six small stripes round them, representing the six surrounding municipalities that make up the metropolitan region of Toronto.

The cap insignia has the red maple leaf from the sign, and a block san serif blue "T", like the Ts from the sign. The insignia is reminiscent of the ones worn by the Toronto Maple Leafs baseball clubs from the old International League and the current Inter County League.

063113f65a52de77.jpg

Thoughts? C&C welcomed!

Is the sign usually lit up in those colors?  Otherwise it comes across a a pride month jersey.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but something to keep in mind.

Also, not sure I'm feeling the royal blue pants.  I feel like monochrome only works in extremely light (gray, powder blue, gold, etc.) or extremely dark (black, navy) colors.  Otherwise, it's too much of a "softball" look for my liking.

Good concept though.  Are you gonna try to take on other teams that aren't part of the initial group?

4 hours ago, NicDB said:

Is the sign usually lit up in those colors?  Otherwise it comes across a a pride month jersey.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but something to keep in mind.

Also, not sure I'm feeling the royal blue pants.  I feel like monochrome only works in extremely light (gray, powder blue, gold, etc.) or extremely dark (black, navy) colors.  Otherwise, it's too much of a "softball" look for my liking.

Good concept though.  Are you gonna try to take on other teams that aren't part of the initial group?

The colors of the sign vary, depending on what's going on in Toronto at the time. The letter colors on my jersey concept are more in keeping with Toronto's reputation as a multi cultural city, with various ethnic neighborhoods scattered across the city.

As for the idea of doing other jersey concepts, I hadn't really thought of it. I did Toronto because I am familiar with the city, and I thought it would be a good choice for MLB's City Connect series. The only other team I'd have given thought to would be the Detroit Tigers; perhaps reverse colors of their home threads with the word "Motor City" spelled out in Old English lettering, with the initials "MC" on their caps; Like the White Sox with their City Connect unis.

Perhaps others can use this thread to post their ideas of City Connect uniforms of their favorite teams. I wouldn't mind!

The royal blue, tbh, makes it difficult for me to like it.  I think if you were to change the uniform color to a dark navy that matches the sky and make the wordmark look more like a neon sign, youd have a real winner on your hands.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived