Cleveland Spiders in various color schemes.

oldschoolvikings

13 hours ago, 29texan said:

..."yikes"...?

Definition of yikes

used to express fear or astonishment Yikes! The pavement is hot!— Scott ForesmanAnother monster crawled through a different doorway, quickly followed by a third, and then a fourth. "Yikes!" said Annie.— Mary Pope OsborneYikes! The 'mullet' rears its ugly head again …— Vanessa Thorpe

Examples of yikes in a Sentence

Recent Examples on the Web Racked with nerves, 23-year-old Wodark prepped her boyfriend's skin, put on rubber gloves and even started revving up the tattoo gun (yikes!). Samantha Brodsky, Good Housekeeping, 5 July 2017 In the dining room, walls coated in slate blue, gray blue, or navy blue with white shiplap (yes please!) were worth $1,926 more, and red dining rooms took a $2,031 hit (yikes!). Taysha Murtaugh, Country Living, 1 June 2017

These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'yikes.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.

See More

First Known Use of yikes

1941, in the meaning defined above

10 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Definition of yikes

used to express fear or astonishment Yikes! The pavement is hot!— Scott ForesmanAnother monster crawled through a different doorway, quickly followed by a third, and then a fourth. "Yikes!" said Annie.— Mary Pope OsborneYikes! The 'mullet' rears its ugly head again …— Vanessa Thorpe

Recent Examples on the Web Racked with nerves, 23-year-old Wodark prepped her boyfriend's skin, put on rubber gloves and even started revving up the tattoo gun (yikes!). Samantha Brodsky, Good Housekeeping, 5 July 2017 In the dining room, walls coated in slate blue, gray blue, or navy blue with white shiplap (yes please!) were worth $1,926 more, and red dining rooms took a $2,031 hit (yikes!). Taysha Murtaugh, Country Living, 1 June 2017

These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'yikes.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.

See More

First Known Use of yikes

1941, in the meaning defined above

Definition of trippin' (Urban Dictionary)

1. To be concerned or worried about something/someone when you act like you're not. (Especially when a guy is "sweatin" a girl and vice versa)

2. To make a big deal/get upset over nothing.

3. To be under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs.

1. He acted like he didn't want to be with her but he kept making reference to love and what not the day after he broke up with her. That boy was trippin', I know he was sweatin' her hard.

2. My mom found out I wasnt a virgin anymore and was crying like crazy. I mean damn, I'm 45 years old, she's trippin'.

First Known Use of yikes

The term dates back to the 1920s. When people are tripping on hallucinogenic drugs, they can act very erratic, which probably accounts for the use of trppin' for “acting insane, foolish, or without thinking” in general slang by the late 1980s.

...in all seriousness, it's a good and underrated color scheme.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

On 6/24/2021 at 9:00 AM, coco1997 said:

spacer.png

That shade of gold looks particularly good paired with black. You could substitute the mint with a bunch of different colors and it would look good.

Archived