Houston Astros logo concepts from rebrand/move to Astrodome

spacer.png

Loving the one on the middle left.  Top middle ain't too shabby either.  Interesting that Comets and Rockets were considered long before teams by those names actually formed in Houston.  I guess it was destiny.

Top middle is too Colt 45ish / western for a team named after the space race.  Middle left is a little too close to the birds-on-bat for my liking.  I kinda like every one of the Astros concepts from the first page... especially the one with the silly mascot.  IDK about that uniform with the shoulder hoop things.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/19/2021 at 9:58 PM, BBTV said:

Top middle is too Colt 45ish / western for a team named after the space race.  Middle left is a little too close to the birds-on-bat for my liking.  I kinda like every one of the Astros concepts from the first page... especially the one with the silly mascot.  IDK about that uniform with the shoulder hoop things.

The similarity to the Colt 45s wordmark is what makes it work.  In a vacuum, it looks wrong for a team named after the space race.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

16 hours ago, Bmac said:

I think we take for granted how flawlessly a team worked their stadium into a logo. How many other examples are there of that?

Not a team logo, but a warmup for the New Orleans Jazz. I absolutely love how they incorporated the Superdome into it.

173471-dis_01-600x638.jpg

But, the main reason I love that warmup is for the front. Genius, beautiful look!

22007137%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Change the baseball bat to a hockey stick and the middle-left would have looked good for the Minnesota North Stars. I love that very '60s style of brush script.

One of my favorite lost concepts of this message board was an update of the orange and blue Astrodome logo that used Minute Maid Park instead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived