My Take on the NBA's Uniform System: Team Matchups *Requests are open*

colinturner95

That Spurs font on the Statement is one of the best I've ever seen on an NBA concept. I know that was probably a custom script that you created but what would that look like for "San Antonio" on the Fiesta jersey as well? Also the addition of the spur on the shorts is a great idea and feels like such a no brainer for the team to implement. Great series overall!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XASF3yB.png

There's going to be no mockups on these. To be perfectly honest, I haven't been feeling the best from a mental standpoint so yeah

All-Star Game:  I am aware that I picked two captains from the same division in the same conference. They were the freshest in my mind, plus it's not exactly a conference affair anymore. Being that it's the 75th anniversary of the NBA, I considered doing what the NHL did and go with replicas of their first All Star Game, but that didn't fit the vibes of the NBA. These work off of the redesigned uniforms I did for the Cavs but a lot simpler than that. The unique thing for all these uniforms, is that teams bring their own fonts and NOB fonts to the game. 3 stars under the arms for the 3 total All Star games Cleveland will have hosted. NW stripe on the shorts, meeting the team logo on one side and the NBA star logo on the other side. That black square on the jerseys is supposed to be the jersey tag and above the tag is the 3 years Cleveland hosted the ASG. 

Rising Stars: Ironically, the design for these uniforms was borrowed from an All-Star Game hosted by their division mates, Detroit in 1979. These, more or less, use that All-Star Game uniforms and inject the blue and orange uniforms to them. I wasn't sure if Rising Stars participants are All-Stars, so I removed most of the references to the All-Star game save for the 3 stars under the arms. 

That is all I got for you at the moment. I know @jaytavo305 asked about some seeing some matchups, so if I know what he would want to see, I can bring those to life and maybe open it up to other matchups as well. 

On 10/4/2021 at 12:58 PM, MDTrey4 said:

That Spurs font on the Statement is one of the best I've ever seen on an NBA concept. I know that was probably a custom script that you created but what would that look like for "San Antonio" on the Fiesta jersey as well? Also the addition of the spur on the shorts is a great idea and feels like such a no brainer for the team to implement. Great series overall!

It was just Haglos Script that spells out Spurs. I didn't want to mess with the Fiesta script, since it was the same script used on the warmups that inspired the uniforms. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to My Take on the NBA's Uniform System: All Star Weekend
3 hours ago, jaytavo305 said:

Maybe just some rivalry matchups, Celtics lakers, Knicks nets, etc. I respect if you're not feeling the best, Im not very picky with seeing these head to head matchups, whatever looks good. 

I think I'll try this with what I think would make the best matchup or matchups and if there's one you or anyone else wanted to see, I'll make that happen too: 

Celtics/Lakers

Spoiler

2JliZzw.jpgWHQMCeZ.jpg

Classic and Iconic. As it should be. 

tPkTuv7.pngkKBchSE.jpg

Both teams got a Heritage jersey out of this deal, so let's face those off too. 

Knicks/Nets:

Spoiler

hi4xxyW.jpgTSeWn1t.png

I think you could get away with this one. IDK, I think this one looked better than either team in a white jersey. 

UQnYIsA.jpg7palceO.png

NYC vs The Subway? 

Celtics/76ers:

Spoiler

PpWJRMB.pngH5ZRSKl.jpg

I'm always more partial to the Sixers in blue, which puts the Celtics in their whites

zA1d2J1.jpg5QlHCXS.jpg

Boston might have the most famous court in NBA history and the Sixers' reds are just as good as their blues IMO

Bulls/Pistons:

Spoiler

0GoJyei.jpg2IBYxRY.png

They might have fallen off since the days of Jordan vs the Bad Boys. Still a good uni matchup tho

9aUTEUU.jpgWZBTE9P.png

Windy City vs the Motor City 

Lakers/Clippers:

Spoiler

YQe2Cvr.jpgXV1objV.jpg

Lot of good match up potential here for the Battle for LA

E8UrKMI.jpgd4BoyRE.jpg

Nothing fancy, just a good Sunday matchup 

Cavs/Warriors

Spoiler

KEXF2Yu.pngnxxuQ14.jpg

The rivalry here might have come to an end with LeBron taking his talents to LA, but we can still celebrate it here. 

gkYaIuk.pngRGflYCg.jpg

The Land vs The City

0JKyTKS.pngw5JPDY7.jpg

Is this still too soon for Warriors fans? 

If there's one I missed or there's a matchup anyone else would like to see, please let me know!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• colinturner95 changed the title to My Take on the NBA's Uniform System: Team Matchups *Requests are open*
On 10/13/2021 at 11:26 PM, IceInMyVeins said:

Magic and Heat?

don't know how I missed them on my list of rivalries

oUA3Tv8.jpgUBaOHoZ.jpg

Just a classic look between two early 90's expansion teams 

aJwrrUh.jpgWfv3oP8.jpg

A Night in Miami vs The Citrus Belt

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Kn

3 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

don't know how I missed them on my list of rivalries

oUA3Tv8.jpgUBaOHoZ.jpg

Just a classic look between two early 90's expansion teams 

aJwrrUh.jpgWfv3oP8.jpg

A Night in Miami vs The Citrus Belt

What about

Knicks vs Pacers

Bulls–Cavaliers ?

spacer.png

On 10/16/2021 at 12:51 AM, Will94 said:

What about

Knicks vs Pacers

Bulls–Cavaliers ?

Knicks/Pacers

Spoiler

YClhK9I.jpgDDUTvoX.png

Simple home vs away matchup 

rvkEEHB.jpghvw1Xcz.png

Both teams celebrated their history, so why not do it against each other? 

Bulls/Cavs

Spoiler

0GoJyei.jpgKEXF2Yu.png

I hear Bulls, I immediately think of the red jersey, which I think matches up well against the new Cavs white jerseys

7CrdmIE.png3z6XPMB.png

I can't exactly nail down why, but I just really like this matchup. 

On 10/16/2021 at 6:54 AM, Dion Jones Jr. said:

Kings V. Warriors? 

Kings/Warriors

Spoiler

altsteS.jpgnxxuQ14.jpg

Save for their white jerseys, any of the Dubs uniforms would match well against the Kings' white jerseys. 

kHnl7KB.pngUSYeFPR.jpg

Sactown against The Bay

15 hours ago, osctheg said:

I'd like to see the Thunder vs Warriors or the Thunder vs Blazers

Thunder/Warriors

Spoiler

Uq1lz2H.jpgnxxuQ14.jpg

Lotta blue but there's nothing wrong with that. 

7CfVotk.jpgRGflYCg.jpg

This would be a much better matchup if it was green/gold vs blue/gold but no need for that argument again. 

Thunder/Blazers

Spoiler

c5VObdM.jpgKte3JA7.jpg

I think Portland's black uniforms are their superior uniform and match well against the light blue 

GBU0Qey.jpgGEIAZfR.jpg

Lotsa competing stripes on this one

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived