2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

12 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Brady may have his own personal Rasputin, but he isn't an idiot. 

I still have my serious doubts about where Tom Brady stands in all this.

- Brady has never masked on NFL sidelines or even in public, at least to my knowledge (this especially includes all of 2020, pre-vaccine times)

- Brady's political beliefs (why the vaccine is "political" is still beyond me, but anyways) leads me to believe he could very well be anti-vaccine

- In the article Ice Cap  shared, said Brady is all for others getting vax'd but does not actually state whether he is or not, in a nice attempt to swerve his status

I suppose the only way he would really find out Tom's status is if he got Covid in-season like Rodgers. Had Rodgers not contracted Covid, the ruse would still be on and everyone would be hurting for him, not hating on him, tonight.

6uXNWAo.png

6 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Had Rodgers not contracted Covid in-season, the ruse would still be on and everyone would be hurting for him, not hating on him, tonight.

spacer.png

No, everybody would still be laughing at him because it's not him getting Covid that's why people don't like him, it's him being such a twat that's the reason people take pleasure in his team losing that causes people to not like him.

Lions, Bears and Vikings fans were automatically going to be laughing because the Packers choked in the playoffs once again. Everybody else is just laughing at a prick getting his comeuppance.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

I’m so sad we lost you. 

You're about 9 years late on that one. 😎

Actually, in truth, as far as Brady & Co. goes,  I'm completely indifferent towards Tampa these days; I dont dislike them, but I aint the uberfan I once was, either. I was, of course, happy they won the SB last season (and best believe I broke my cousin's 55 jersey back out my closet)--but I think that had more to do with how many super-annoying frontrunning Chiefs fans popped up out the woodwork grass lands up here over the past two or three years and seeing all them straight silenced than it did with Brady. (And I got a good healthy laugh out of that, too.) 

So I guess I can't include Tampa among the annoying juggernauts, but they are a juggernaut nonetheless (albeit an injured one).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

No, everybody would still be laughing at him. It's not him getting Covid, it's him being a twat that's the reason people take pleasure in his team losing.

I thought rather highly of Rodgers before he lied about his status, put his teammates at risk and plugged Joe Rogan as his own personal doctor. No apologies or remorse. And since then, his interviews since have come off as even more outrageous. Turns out he's just a scum human being, impossible to want to root for.

• Like 6

6uXNWAo.png

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

9198736c81ae2faf337f511701ccf5367b-15-tom-brady-trump-hat.2x.rhorizontal.w710.jpg

.......And? Show me an interview where he endorses him and not just the usual platitudes he gives everyone. 

Plus I don't believe he ever had that hat in his locker again. 

That's nowhere near the equivalent of what Rodger's did. 

I honestly don't believe Brady is a "Trump guy" the way other people are. I doubt he even pays that much attention to politics as a whole. I mean, for all the crap he gets about being Trump's "buddy" he never visited him at the White House when they won those 2 years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

.......And? Show me an interview where he endorses him and not just the usual platitudes he gives everyone. 

Plus I don't believe he ever had that hat in his locker again. 

That's nowhere near the equivalent of what Rodger's did. 

I honestly don't believe Brady is a "Trump guy" the way other people are. I doubt he even pays that much attention to politics as a whole. I mean, for all the crap he gets about being Trump's "buddy" he never visited him at the White House when they won those 2 years. 

I don't want to turn this into a political thread, so I'm going to leave it at this:

Tom Brady is a very smart guy. He knew exactly what he was doing and what he was endorsing by taking that hat into the team locker room and displaying it for the media to see. That being said, I'm sure if he could have that moment back today, he would.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

IDK, Not EVERYBODY pays attention to politics. And given everything we've watched about his life, Politics doesn't seem like something he's very aware of. Of all people, I could totally buy Brady seeing that hat as nothing more than "supporting a friend" without a single clue what his actual politics are.  

I mean, there are certainly far & away more politically vocal players than him.   He'd probably be towards the bottom of that list honestly. 

But yeah, that's all I'll say before this goes too off course. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

Put his teammates at risk

How?  He only put himself on a risk

Anyway two great games. I've only watched first half of Packers-49ers but it look this blocked kick in last seconds of q2 made the game.  Btw Gould never missed a FG in postseason, he is 20/20.

What about Titans-Bengals it was crazy! Burrow was 11 times sacked (2 didn't counted), his o-line didn't arrived and he still won that game. Insane.

4r2eer.png

With how that O-Line was against Tennessee, If we get a Rams - Bengals Super Bowl, they'll be scraping parts of Burrow off the field. 

Might even be worse than Mahomes last year. 

But if Brady can pull it off, it would be awesome seeing a Brady - Garoppolo NFC Championship. Starter vs his Backup. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

But if Brady can pull it off, it would be awesome seeing a Brady - Garoppolo NFC Championship. Starter vs his Backup. 

Isn't Jimmy G contract ends after this season?  Imagine if he beats Brady and then replace him in Tampa or back to New England.

4r2eer.png

9 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait. Did you somehow get this far in life without learning how infectious diseases work?

I mean that no matter of your status you could get sick and spread it so in this case he put his teammates on a same risk as they put him. The difference is that he might be in worse condition after contracting (but it isn't a rule) so he put himself on a risk more than his teammates.

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Is anyone else concerned that if the Rams win the Superbowl, you'll see a lot of new GMs try to copy them by mortgaging their teams future for some All Star player rentals?

Tat strategy has been going on for years (Washington late 90s, Philly mid-2000s, Seattle mid 2010s, among other examples). Most times it doesn't work out, which is why most times teams try to build a winners with expensive linemen and cheaper skill players picked up in the draft. 

Also, Tom Brady definitely knew what he was doing with that hat. You don't get to have your public image completely manufactured in all other aspects of your life except the most divisive political election of all time (at the time). Be real. And also, him being friends with that man and being proud of it is a statement in itself. Him and his coach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

I mean that no matter of your status you could get sick and spread it so in this case he put his teammates on a same risk as they put him. The difference is that he might be in worse condition after contracting (but it isn't a rule) so he put himself on a risk more than his teammates.

Regardless of his personal opinions on the matter, he’s paid millions of dollars to be a quarterback. Part of that deal is making sure that he doesn’t miss any games due to reasons other than injury so that he can be there for his teammates. He has great power but great responsibility comes with it. Just my two cents. 

• Like 3