2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

I've seen people saying Sony was another "bust" or bad pick largely because of Chubb still being on the board. 

I don't understand that at all. He was a large reason why the patriots won the super bowl in 2018. He fell off a bit afterwards, but he still wasn't terrible. 

The fact he won a super bowl (and played a large part in it) make me say this was a successful pick by Belichick. Sure he's not as good as Chubb, but they won a Super Bowl with him, so why does it matter?  

Won a super bowl while on the patriots isn’t the same as winning a super bowl for the pats. Also after that season he didn’t just fall, he dropped like a rock between injuries and performance.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2021 at 9:41 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

100 percent. If you win a title, any decision that preceded it was worth it.

I'm also not a fan of "player x was a bust because player y exceeded all realistic expectations", but the Patriots are nothing in the after-Brady era, so it's fair to say that had they drafted Chubb, they still would have won that SB, and have a stronger team in the AB era.  That being said, I've never heard of the guy so I don't really know how good or not good he is.

Every team passed on Tom Brady in his draft.  Does that make every player drafted that year a bust?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's such a Bills thing that in this, their season with the most promise since the early 1990s, they might knock themselves out of competition with COVID nonsense before the season even starts.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's such a Bills thing that in this, their season with the most promise since the early 1990s, they might knock themselves out of competition with COVID nonsense before the season even starts.

If Beasley tests positive even once during the season, they need to cut his anti-vaxx ass immediately. 

Not worth jeopardizing their season for one moron.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Jaguars are trading QB Gardner Minshew to the Eagles. Bit of a weird move. I wonder if that means Flacco will be let go or traded.

Something's up.  The Eagles generally don't do things without having further moves planned - even if those take a year to materialize.

"According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Eagles sent the Jaguars a 6th-round pick in 2022 that will become a 5th-round pick if Minshew plays at least 50 percent of the snaps in at least three regular-season games."

"With the Eagles, Minshew will start out as the No. 3 quarterback behind Jalen Hurts and Joe Flacco, but at 25 he gives the Quarterback Factory a young player with experience who’s had success."

I haven't watched any Eagles preseason, but by all accounts, Joe Flacco has absolutely nothing left.  

It's also a known fact that the Eagles have very little faith in Jalen Hurts, and are stocking up on draft picks to either trade for Watson (if he's cleared) or move up to the top of the draft.  The best case scenario is that Hurts pans out and they can use those picks to build around him, but the front office doesn't think that's going to happen.

It's also possible that they feel that the NFC East is so bad that they can compete for the title, even if that means only winning 6 or 7 games.  In which case, much like when they reacquired Foles, they feel like they needed a better backup for when Hurts inevitably misses time due to all the running he does.

*EDIT* the "Quarterback Factory" quip in one of those quotes is in reference to a stupid quote the GM said after they drafted Hurts for no reason.  He said something like "we always want QBs in our room.  We are a quarterback factory.  We consistently churn out great QBs that become assets to us or in trades"  LOL get off the crack pipe bro.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

If you have a great quarterback you wouldn’t trade him. This is why you don’t hire accountants to be GMs. CFO, sure, but not someone who is trying to build a roster. Numbers and bottom lines alone do not a championship team make.

What CPA traded a great QB?

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It's also a known fact that the Eagles have very little faith in Jalen Hurts, and are stocking up on draft picks to either trade for Watson (if he's cleared) or move up to the top of the draft.  The best case scenario is that Hurts pans out and they can use those picks to build around him, but the front office doesn't think that's going to happen.

Watson will never be cleared. It's just a matter of time before he is parked or jailed. Trading for him could only involve a complex set of conditional picks, which I wonder if the NFL would even approve of such a trade.

It will be interesting to see hat happens to Watson by Tuesday when rosters have to get to 53. I wonder if he will "tweak a knee" at home this weekend and end up on IR?

• Like 6

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Watson will never be cleared. It's just a matter of time before he is parked or jailed. Trading for him could only involve a complex set of conditional picks, which I wonder if the NFL would even approve of such a trade.

It will be interesting to see hat happens to Watson by Tuesday when rosters have to get to 53. I wonder if he will "tweak a knee" at home this weekend and end up on IR?

I don't disagree - and I don't want him.  Just regurgitating what lots of 'insiders' have been saying.  If Carson Wentz' god keeps him healthy for 13 games, then the Eagles will have 3 1st round picks next year that should be able to net them just about anything they want.  I think they have multiple 2s too.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Gross. I'm glad Miami sucks now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

That hardly supports the claim that the Dolphins are the 'favorites'.  That article basically said nothing.

• Like 1

Only reason Dolphins would be in on Watson is if they were absolutely convinced Tua is a bust. 

Unless the team is the Denver Broncos, I'm not believing any rumors about Watson.   

But Texans are going to have to deal with the Elephant in the room sooner or later. If they were smart they would get what they could for Watson and make him somebody else's problem. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Only reason Dolphins would be in on Watson is if they were absolutely convinced Tua is a bust. 

Unless the team is the Denver Broncos, I'm not believing any rumors about Watson.   

But Texans are going to have to deal with the Elephant in the room sooner or later. If they were smart they would get what they could for Watson and make him somebody else's problem. 

I’d throw the giants in there as well.

Speaking of the Dolphins....they have two offensive coordinators in George Godsey and Eric Studesville.  So who calls the plays on offense?  Do they alternate play calling?  Like Godsey calls one play and Studesville calls the next and so on and so forth?  Also which one of those two construct the offense weekly?  Also why do they have co-offensive coordinators?  

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Speaking of the Dolphins....they have two offensive coordinators in George Godsey and Eric Studesville.  So who calls the plays on offense?  Do they alternate play calling?  Like Godsey calls one play and Studesville calls the next and so on and so forth?  Also which one of those two construct the offense weekly?  Also why do they have co-offensive coordinators?  

Could be collaborative but one has the final say or they do it situationally. The Vikings have two, I think. Some teams have none officially. Not NFL, but a few years ago the Florida Gators had co-offensive coordinators (John Hevesy and Billy Gonzalez) but Dan Mullen is the one the handled offensive play calling. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Titans fan here, if Watson gets shipped off somewhere else, that will make my day. (Not that the Texans are a playoff contender or anything like that). If he does go to Miami, I don't care. Just don't trade him to Jacksonville (which I know will NOT happen) or Indy. 

• Like 1

xFUdNmt.png

28 minutes ago, Kooky01 said:

Titans fan here, if Watson gets shipped off somewhere else, that will make my day. (Not that the Texans are a playoff contender or anything like that). If he does go to Miami, I don't care. Just don't trade him to Jacksonville (which I know will NOT happen) or Indy. 

You have basically no competition for your division title. Unless 2021 Carson Wentz becomes 2017 Carson Wentz, the AFC South Champs are the Titans.

• Like 2