2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

It's July and training camps will be opening this month. The off season went by fast. So looking forward to the 2021 NFL season. Especially for my Cleveland Browns. Who for the first time in 30 plus years are actual Super Bowl contenders. So lets get this thing started...

• Like 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The Chiefs decided to say “You know how Seattle just stopped trying to improve when they neglected to use their battering ram runningback on the goal line? Let’s not do that” 

Loaded up on the Offensive Line to the point I believe if play is hampered, it will be more from a lack of chemistry rather than a lack of ability. 

And leaguewide, the fans are coming back. Regardless of whatever implication that winds up having, I love the fact that games are going to feel alive again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got my email from NFL Sunday Ticket reminding me that my subscription will renew automatically. Four payments of $73.49 starting in early September. What an unexpected surprise to see it has gone down from $81.02 over four months last season. We get 18 weeks starting this season. $16.33 a week to watch whatever games I want to watch? What a deal!!!

• Like 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

That's still too much for Sunday Ticket.

Richard Sherman is back in Seattle...in jail for domestic burglary. Sounds like a family dispute gone very wrong. Man, what a bummer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That's still too much for Sunday Ticket.

Richard Sherman is back in Seattle...in jail for domestic burglary. Sounds like a family dispute gone very wrong. Man, what a bummer.

Since I no longer have DirecTV as my TV provider (I live in a condo that doesn't allow dishes) Have the online Sunday Ticket. I can no longer negotiate with them to get a better price on the Sunday Ticket. I look at it this way. If I had to go to a bar to watch my Browns games I'd spend way more than $16.33 a week on food and tip. Plus I hate spending 3 + hours in a bar full of drunken idiots. So that price is worth it for me.

2 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

Since I no longer have DirecTV as my TV provider (I live in a condo that doesn't allow dishes) Have the online Sunday Ticket. I can no longer negotiate with them to get a better price on the Sunday Ticket. I look at it this way. If I had to go to a bar to watch my Browns games I'd spend way more than $16.33 a week on food and tip. Plus I hate spending 3 + hours in a bar full of drunken idiots. So that price is worth it for me.

That is still ridiculous. Atleast at the bar you are getting food for that $16. I rarely go to bars to watch games but at the same time I don’t have to watch what isn’t on my regular cable. And there are cheaper streaming services out there if you must watch a certain game

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Man, what a shame about Richard Sherman. He's definitely not a guy I would ever have thought I'd see in this kind of predicament.

It's kind of surprising but also not at all surprising.  He's gotten a lot of mileage for being a Stanford grad for someone who doesn't get into Stanford if he wasn't good at football.  I've only seen him on TV like most people but he always seemed like an :censored: to me. 

• Like 1

IUe6Hvh.png

32 minutes ago, dont care said:

That is still ridiculous. Atleast at the bar you are getting food for that $16. I rarely go to bars to watch games but at the same time I don’t have to watch what isn’t on my regular cable. And there are cheaper streaming services out there if you must watch a certain game

I'll give up my food for not having to deal with a bar full of drunken idiots.. Sunday Ticket is a reliable stream that doesn't buffer. Plus, I get to pick the other game I want to watch either early or late depending when my Browns play.  All from the comfort of my home. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, See Red said:

It's kind of surprising but also not at all surprising.  He's gotten a lot of mileage for being a Stanford grad for someone who doesn't get into Stanford if he wasn't good at football.  I've only seen him on TV like most people but he always seemed like an :censored: to me. 

You sure about that?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/richard-sherman-college-football-academic-careers/1xc5bxn4n0rv4114dnjwwzin1a#:~:text=Richard Sherman boasted a 4.2 GPA Sherman attended,2006 with a 4.2 GPA%2C earning salutatorian honors.

Richard Sherman boasted a 4.2 GPA

Sherman attended Dominguez High School in Compton, Calif., where he played receiver, cornerback and punt/kick returner for the Dons' football team. He also ran track and field.

An excellent student, Sherman graduated in 2006 with a 4.2 GPA, earning salutatorian honors. According to his website, he was the first student in 20 years "qualified to attend Stanford on both academic and athletic merits." His 247Sports profile lists four schools that offered him scholarships, including one from UCLA.

• Like 5

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, I don't know if I'd like to go down the "X never would've gotten into Y if it wasn't for sports" path. With anyone.

And before anyone else goes there, "X had his work done for him at Y because of sports" isn't the same.

• Like 3

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

51 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I can confirm.  My cousin went to Stanford for volleyball.  The athletic department can't actually offer you a scholarship until you apply to the university and your application is accepted like any other student.  It's actually amazing that the school has such a strong athletic program since not only do athletes have to be accepted by one of the most prestigious universities in the world but they have to bank on students holding off accepting other offers until the application process is finished.

• Like 5

VmWIn6B.png

5 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Richard Sherman is pretty smart. Pretty smart people are still very much capable of doing stupid things. Intelligent =/= Infallible

Indeed. I think he's incredibly smart and has been a needed voice on several topics.

It's a real shame that it appears a family issue escalated as far as it did. We all have bad days; not all of us have bad days publicly.

• Like 5

If you have a Defector subscription, the above-linked Richard Sherman piece is worth a read. Not just because it's about football, but also for insights into 911 dispatching, and the calculus people have to do when calling the police on a loved one, especially when that loved one is a black man.

https://defector.com/what-we-know-about-richard-shermans-arrest/

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

If you have a Defector subscription, the above-linked Richard Sherman piece is worth a read. Not just because it's about football, but also for insights into 911 dispatching, and the calculus people have to do when calling the police on a loved one, especially when that loved one is a black man.

https://defector.com/what-we-know-about-richard-shermans-arrest/

This part...

Both Redmond PD and four state troopers responded to the scene with a K9 unit. Police said Sherman was cooperative until he was told he would be arrested, at which point they claimed he began to walk away. Officers then set the police dog on Sherman and he was placed under arrest.

They set a K9 on him because he walked away.  That is reprehensible.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

Wonder if Tom Brady will go, or have some "previously-scheduled arrangement" or be rehabbing something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."