2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

2 hours ago, See Red said:

For what it's worth, Urban Meyer is under NFLPA investigation for cutting players in part because of their failure to get vaccinated, which violates the CBA.

I wouldn't want players around who could randomly cause me to forfeit games, either.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, See Red said:

For what it's worth, Urban Meyer is under NFLPA investigation for cutting players in part because of their failure to get vaccinated, which violates the CBA.

I'm reasonably sure the Jags would make sure to have plausible deniability all lined up if they were doing this. Certainly, if there were two players who they rated equally who were on the cutline and one is vaxxed and the other isn't, it wouldn't be unreasonable for vaccination status to be a tiebreaker.

• Like 3

spacer.png

12 hours ago, See Red said:

How will they investigate this though?

”Mr. Meyer, did you cut these players because they were unvaccinated”

”nope they sucked so I cut them”

• Like 2

This is certainly a surprise.  Didn't he just sign with the Cardinals? 

I'm glad he wasn't just a "flash in the pan" player and actually ended up being a somewhat decent CB. 

Patriots fans & Seahawks fans will always love/hate him for Super Bowl XLIX. 

I do wonder if we'll ever get the full story about Super Bowl LII though. 

Saints home opener vs Green Bay has been moved to Jacksonville.  Due to the lingering effects of Hurricane Ida to New Orleans, the team has been practicing in Arlington TX and had hoped to play the game there but couldnt because of a concert at AT&T Stadium. The Saints looked at Florida next as Aaron Rodgers has struggled playing in games in Florida. They ruled out Miami because its a destination spot and easy to travel to for Packers fans. They ruled out Tampa as they were worried the fans of their division rivals would show up cheering against them so they chose Jacksonville as of the three cities that would be the costliest for Packers fans traveling to the game, hoping to keep many Packers fans from coming to the game.

Signature intentionally left blank

56 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:
I do wonder if we'll ever get the full story about Super Bowl LII though. 

I don't know the full story, but I can tell you how it ends.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Saints home opener vs Green Bay has been moved to Jacksonville.  Due to the lingering effects of Hurricane Ida to New Orleans, the team has been practicing in Arlington TX and had hoped to play the game there but couldnt because of a concert at AT&T Stadium. The Saints looked at Florida next as Aaron Rodgers has struggled playing in games in Florida. They ruled out Miami because its a destination spot and easy to travel to for Packers fans. They ruled out Tampa as they were worried the fans of their division rivals would show up cheering against them so they chose Jacksonville as of the three cities that would be the costliest for Packers fans traveling to the game, hoping to keep many Packers fans from coming to the game.

I predict Packer fans outnumber Saint fans at the game.

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I predict Packer fans outnumber Saint fans at the game.

I would be surprised if Packer fans did not outnumber Saints fans... Saints fans have other priorities right now (or at least, they should)

• Like 2

I saw, I came, I left.

14 hours ago, Dilbert said:

So they let the Saints have a lot of say in this?  Is that what happened after Katrina when the Giants got an extra home game?  Or is this being done because people were unhappy about that?

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Tampa Bay plays on Thursday night so maybe they were worried about the field conditions? It really shouldn't be that big an issue unless there's another storm over the weekend. I know Houston has a game that day too, and they probably didn't want to add to the games already being played on Monday night, but that would have been a good way to make sure you have a few of your own fans as well since they have a good sized group of former Louisiana ex-pats around there. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

So they let the Saints have a lot of say in this?  Is that what happened after Katrina when the Giants got an extra home game?  Or is this being done because people were unhappy about that?

Apparently they do however the rule is that it has to be an NFL stadium and not a college stadium, meaning their Katrina homes in Baton Rouge and San Antonio were ruled out as were TCU and SMU in the Dallas-Fort Worth area where they are currently calling home for practice.

Signature intentionally left blank