2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

A little surprised more isn't being made about this Jon Gruden story.

I remember when Bill Parcells got in trouble because he said "we're working on what we used to call 'Jap plays'" and ESPN kept running it over and over while talking about how terrible it was. Let's take another look at this shocking footage.

Anyway, the Raiders will probably fire Gruden FUH CAWWWSE not entirely because of the enormity of his remarks but also because they have him signed to a terrible contract, he has underachieved, and this is the deus ex machina they need to get out from under it. Same math equation as the case of Dan McNeil making fun of Maria Taylor's leather dress.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I remember when Bill Parcells got in trouble because he said "we're working on what we used to call 'Jap plays'" and ESPN kept running it over and over while talking about how terrible it was. Let's take another look at this shocking footage.

What would a "jap play" even be?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What would a "jap play" even be?

Surprising the other team as if bombing Pearl Harbor. Figure the old coaches got like 60 years out of that term, wow.

I could never place Parcells's accent. He kinda slides back and forth between Jersey and southern.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

17 minutes ago, Cujo said:

YouTube to the rescue:

Well he prefaced it with "no disrespect", so I don't know what the problem is.  As long as you're clear that you're not intending to disrespect anyone, you can say what ever you want and they're not allowed to get offended, right?

At least he called them "Orientals" and not "ornamentals", which is something I'm pretty sure Marge Schott once said.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, Brass said:

Can some team please take Josh McDaniels away from New England?

We tried.  Couldn't have gone worse than what we got.

19 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Surprising the other team as if bombing Pearl Harbor. Figure the old coaches got like 60 years out of that term, wow.

"Pearl Harbor" was a staple of Gorilla Monsoon's vocabulary, as a noun, adjective, and verb.  I wonder if NFL announcers used it as well.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Anyway, the Raiders will probably fire Gruden FUH CAWWWSE not entirely because of the enormity of his remarks but also because they have him signed to a terrible contract, he has underachieved, and this is the deus ex machina they need to get out from under it. Same math equation as the case of Dan McNeil making fun of Maria Taylor's leather dress.

It's also the Mike Richards math that got his contract halfway cancelled for a crime he never ended up being prosecuted for.

Panthers should  be beating the Eagles 31-3.  Easily.  I genuinely don't know how this game is only 15-13.  They've been stumbling over each other all game long, losing yards on drives more than gaining yards, and looking like the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked, while the Panthers seem to be gaining yards at will, yet somehow it's only a 2 point game.  Ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Panthers should  be beating the Eagles 31-3.  Easily.  I genuinely don't know how this game is only 15-13.  They've been stumbling over each other all game long, losing yards on drives more than gaining yards, and looking like the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked, while the Panthers seem to be gaining yards at will, yet somehow it's only a 2 point game.  Ridiculous.

Unbelievable.  Eagles going to win this game despite getting their asses kicked for pretty much all of it.  If the panthers could have actually scored TDs, this one wouldn't have even been close.

• Like 1

Who can make a FG today?

Apparently field goals are a no-go in Cincinnati today...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I really don't know what to make of that Green Bay  & Cincy game. Other than the Bengals are for real. Has the NFL ever had that many consecutive missed kicks? 

Patriots had me a bit worried at the half, but it was the Texans thankfully. I still believe Patriots are a better team than they are given credit for.  Mac is also proving choosing him over Newton was the right choice. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Breaking News: Mike Glennon is still in the NFL.  

Apparently, so too is Geno Smith...  :blink:

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||