2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

were those for sale all over Fanatics, NFL Shop, and in every retail store in the area?

Pretty sure they were.  You can still buy one on the secondary market...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/brock-lesnar-authentic-minnesota-1877507002

34 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Pretty sure they were.  You can still buy one on the secondary market...

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/brock-lesnar-authentic-minnesota-1877507002

Hmm… the Vikings never wore that number font. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, dont care said:

Lesnar didn’t play when they had starter as their supplier. This is likely a custom job someone had made with an old blank jersey.

That explains the incorrect font. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/10/2021 at 1:06 PM, tBBP said:

I think most of us were--not because of anything against the Chiefs (except all the overnight frontrunner who suddenly decided they've been Chiefs fans their whole lives and don't even know where Arrowhead Stadium is, but whatevs), but because of the Cinderella arc the Browns were on, and if not for that non-call on Danie--y'all know the one--they would've won that. Instead they lost by five.

But we'll see if they can run it back this season. I for one am rooting for them.

As a Browns fan, I'm rooting for them too. That being said, the Browns will go 9-8 and miss the playoffs. You heard it here first. 😎

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, Sport said:

What's the worst looking record that the 17 game schedule is foisting upon us?

9-8 is close, but I think I hate 7-10 the most. 

They all sound awful to me right now. I was trying to smack talk some Steelers friends the other day and saying "I can't wait for you guys to go 4 and 12...er...I mean 4 and...uh...13? That doesn't sound right?" I have to sit there for a few seconds and do the math. But, I'm also a giant idiot, so maybe I'm not the best example. 

• Like 6

T1oYViW.png

6 hours ago, Sport said:

What's the worst looking record that the 17 game schedule is foisting upon us?

9-8 is close, but I think I hate 7-10 the most. 

9-8 / 8-9 is probably the worst IMO.

11-6 / 6-11 is close, as is 12-5 / 5-12.

At least 7-10 makes the math instant.  Not that the counting 12 and 5 is hard per se, but in football terms it definitely takes a few ticks longer than it should.

But as far as records go, what's the new standard for being "good", "very good", and "great"? 

I think it used to be

Good = 10-6

Very good = 11-5, 12-4

Great = 13-3 or better

Now, is 11-6 the new 10-6?  Or is 10-7 the new "good"?  We've never had 3-over .500 before.

• Like 2

wft.jpeg

I'm partial to RedWolves  myself. 

Redhogs is a nice little callback to their championship teams, thought Wildhogs sounds better. 

Also low key trying to steal the XFL's "D.C. Defenders". 

But it will probably be something lame. like sticking with "Football team" or Commanders. 

Not every team can have a rebrand as nice as Edmonton.  

Aaaannnndd in yet the latest stroke of whatdaeff in Jacksonville...1st-rounder Travis Etienne is lost for the season....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

6-11 NFC East champion.

0-11-6 NFC East Champs.  It's possible.

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

0-11-6 NFC East Champs.  It's possible.

Technically yes, but that's just . . . Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

On 8/19/2021 at 7:58 PM, Gary said:

Imagine the name being Presidents with a George Washington Roundel and stars rounding the Roundel.

I think it's likely they'd go with that W with the Washington Monument as part of the letter. Not the strongest of the options, either the logo or nickname. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I've seen people saying Sony was another "bust" or bad pick largely because of Chubb still being on the board. 

I don't understand that at all. He was a large reason why the patriots won the super bowl in 2018. He fell off a bit afterwards, but he still wasn't terrible. 

The fact he won a super bowl (and played a large part in it) make me say this was a successful pick by Belichick. Sure he's not as good as Chubb, but they won a Super Bowl with him, so why does it matter?  

• Like 4