NCAA Arena Football Concepts: 245/384 - Saint Francis Red Flash

heavybass

So when you create an Arena Football League with NCAA.... and without the FBS teams and Ivy League, you realise that you don't have enough teams to make the magic quota of 256... even if it's just non-D1 teams and D2/D3 teams you don't have enough... this however changed when the non D1 football teams in the FBS stuck two fingers up their respective leagues and put forward submissions which were then accepted... so congrats you will be seeing Arlington, Wichita State and Little Rock in this league... and the naggling feeling that independent teams of FBS might change their mind.... MIGHT I should add.

So the D1-AA section aka the FCS takes advantage of such a gap.... and without a large budget, this is where they shine.

The first FCS tonight is not any of the decade long powerhouses of North Dakota nor it's James Madison... no this year a new balance of power shifted to the South and to the Northeast...

DELAWARE FIGHTING HENS

RUA9n6WtNFuX9YXk8SQ8vaOcdk0A8gJJW9w3ByTC

In the Capitol division this is where the Fighting Hens roam and one of the strong teams in this division, with the spirit of Michigan in them.

• Like 3

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 005/256 - Delaware Fighting Hens

Confession time, I already had teams done for the FCS in the Vs. NCAA thread that were already perfect for say Arena Football... and to show you how wild the Capitol Division is and the Arena Football idea is in concept....

VILLANOVA WILDCATS

8j02NMvNx-yw0CgLfBybJxKZpAzC5YscI9NtNBo5

We're going to be moving onto the Atlantic Division next where it consists of two states... Virginia and North Carolina.

• Like 3

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 006/256 - Villanova Wildcats

First team of the Atlantic Division! We have had Fighting Hens... but did you know?

WE GOT MOTHER:censored:ING...

CAMPBELL FIGHTING CAMELS!!!

DOMkkXiMpzwueY9xrdxo4zoqKnk0PhIFDBDN10jc

Arena Football if some of you have noticed does not have Alts in this league... it's either Home or Road but this has not stopped the Camels from adopting Black into both... and honestly a classic look does wonders considering there's going to be more out there teams like Hofstra.

Also I know who's going to be in the Atlantic Division too because the teams already have put themselves there because of two states... so 8 Virginia Teams and 7 more North Carolina teams which include Campbell.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 007/256 - Campbell Fighting Camels

Oh yeah and I had this done too... completing the Virginia addition and establishing one of the powerhouses of the Atlantic...

JAMES MADISON DUKES

spacer.png

Also no alternate helmets in this arena football league, yes it's NFL BS but I was thinking of USFL at the time.

• Like 1

Eastern Block is done for now... moving on to the first North division, Ohio Valley where it consists of Ohio, Western Virginia, Kentucky and parts of Tennessee and Missouri.... not all though because the rest of the latter states are in other division.

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 008/256 - James Madison Dukes
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 009/256 - Xavier

The layout for the Ohio Valley division is interesting because it contains:

6 Ohio Teams

4 Kentucky Teams
4 Tenneessee Teams
1 West Virginia Team
1 Missouri Team

And I made sure that they all connected in some way... travel wise and all I'm rather proud.

Ok... it seems I need to pull a wow factor in here because either a lot of people were not impressed with what I did for Xavier or who bloody knows but yeah... we're going to a team near Nashville and it's in the state of Kentucky...

Here is what this team looks like before my changes:

LaMartez Brooks - Football - Murray State University Athletics

Yes this team is the Murray State Racers where as you can see, they haven't got the best uniforms... they are lifeless and they don't utilise their unique Murray Gold at all except for lettering and numbering... so I figured this team is a prime example of a rebranding and it isn't just regular football that this team can benefit from... this can apply to Arena Football too.

THE NEW MURRAY STATE RACERS

spacer.png

You are called RACERS and you don't take advantage of your Horse Racing roots? My god... this is where the basis of this comes from, horse racing jockeys are flashy full of stars, stripes, chevrons and you can spot these a mile away... which is why its perfect for the brand because I don't see this gold anywhere and you need a unique look.

Plus I would use this for Murray State if I was making a FCS rebuild.... with three pants too!

• Like 6

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 010/256 - Murray State Racers
9 hours ago, heavybass said:

Ok... it seems I need to pull a wow factor in here because either a lot of people were not impressed with what I did for Xavier or who bloody knows but yeah... we're going to a team near Nashville and it's in the state of Kentucky...

Here is what this team looks like before my changes:

LaMartez Brooks - Football - Murray State University Athletics

Yes this team is the Murray State Racers where as you can see, they haven't got the best uniforms... they are lifeless and they don't utilise their unique Murray Gold at all except for lettering and numbering... so I figured this team is a prime example of a rebranding and it isn't just regular football that this team can benefit from... this can apply to Arena Football too.

THE NEW MURRAY STATE RACERS

spacer.png

You are called RACERS and you don't take advantage of your Horse Racing roots? My god... this is where the basis of this comes from, horse racing jockeys are flashy full of stars, stripes, chevrons and you can spot these a mile away... which is why its perfect for the brand because I don't see this gold anywhere and you need a unique look.

Plus I would use this for Murray State if I was making a FCS rebuild.... with three pants too!

I like the stars (and the uniform too)

• Like 1

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Why the stars? That’s just a meaningless choice. Murray State has so much to pull from, look at the jockey inspired stripe on the helmet. Why not base the whole look around that? This seems almost US Navy-esq. 

Also download some new fonts for once. There’s a million tutorials out there. It screams lazy when you reuse the same 3 fonts on over 100 different concepts.

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Also download some new fonts for once. There’s a million tutorials out there. It screams lazy when you reuse the same 3 fonts on over 100 different concepts.

Jesus, the passive agressive in this is like "Whoa, calm down buddy."... Stars are out then.

• Like 4

These are looking good so far overall! I do like Xavier's; if I were to critique I'd suggest maybe making the X on the front of the jersey taper off at the ends similar to how the one on the pants does to make them match a bit more, but overall it has the creativity seen in Arena Football uniforms but also isn't too busy or complex, it's a good balance of the two.

I like the idea of where you went with Murray State. The stars on the front beside the numbers feel a bit busy, so maybe have one on each side of Murray State like you do for the name on the back? It is for an Arena Football team though so busy is kind of the name of the game.

I think so far my favorite is Villanova, it's just a really good look in my opinion.

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Some good looks so far, but I definitely agree that you need to use some more unique fonts. Regarding Xavier, I think it would look better if the X went directly across the shoulders like the old Texas A&M jerseys. Also, maybe try adding more grey to the jerseys and pants on that set. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

11 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Why the stars? That’s just a meaningless choice. Murray State has so much to pull from, look at the jockey inspired stripe on the helmet. Why not base the whole look around that? This seems almost US Navy-esq. 

Granted, this is flashier than anything Navy would be caught dead in (usually) and star motifs are somewhat common in horse racing.  Really though, @heavybass
could have gone in any silk inspired direction without really going wrong.  I'm not even sure a Rich Kotite level dumb decision is even possible in this case.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Right peeps.... I'm back and with fixes (?) so pay attention.

AMWts8CtxYcFwGrPnwgz0V2S9dppxWHVdyFCzQsa

Decided to take a tone down from the 1st concept... mass removal of stars so now it only show up on the Player and Murray State wordmark as seen here, mentioned by @Wildcomet... also murray gold on the road because having it navy didn't work for some reason, stripes on the sleeves because as @Discrim mentioned... Murray State is named the Racers, Kentucky is home to Horse Racing and the idea was to emulate horse racing jockeys without making them too flashy.

Now to what most of you were waiting for...

AMWts8CMxktK1tlI2m18jX2ReCMP-H2EpT8mp8hR

The decision to readd silver was not an easy task as trying without would of worked but yeah I decided to add it in because it's part of Xavier's colour scheme... however applying the silver to a now sleeker X shape ensures that it looks like swords which is probably why Musketeers is in the name.

The biggest difference is WORD AND NUMBER FONT.... holy :censored: I finally decided :censored: it and bookmark a free font site so now I has access to a lot... which means this won't happen again so if no one likes what I offer going forward... I have done my best to make sure you like what I offer.

Now with this potential issue out of the way, we can move onto the Wolverine Division where there is no major Michigan team in FCS and they are about to put in an independent powerhouse there because of close proximity.

• Like 6

The Wolverine Division is a Michigan based division that mostly consists of Division 2 sides because Michigan has no FCS team nor does it have enough of those teams to justify so they asked teams in Western Ohio and Northern Indiana to help out and as this division is sponsored by ESPN....

Yes they manage to convince THEM along....

THE FIGHTING IRISH
AMWts8ADI-6WxvZUEKlp3FjSN_0qCPyoE8Bkh2QH

• Like 3