NCAA Arena Football Concepts: 245/384 - Saint Francis Red Flash

heavybass

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 045/260 - Kansas City

So far in the Great Plains division we have Bison, Jackrabbits and Roos... I should break this up, with a basketball heavyweight.

ST LOUIS BILIKENS
AMWts8Ab0bUn10JpDpU_fk_Tt_O_8M0TVterI-7f

The Bilikens can only rely on one style of uniform.... and that is the St Louis Rams and I only used Blue and White here because Grey didn't belong with the Bilikens

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 046/260 - St Louis Bilikens
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 047/260 - Tiffin Dragons
5 hours ago, heavybass said:

Here lies in the Wolverine Division...

DRAGONS OF TIFFIN
spacer.png

Tiffin University - Photos | Facebook

Tiffin's defense held the Panthers to just 149 yards of offense.

This is their athletic logo, I believe the one you have is only for academics. Also interesting that I just noted they ordered the same template but a different set of numbers at some time last year. Look at the 2's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Tiffin University - Photos | Facebook

Tiffin's defense held the Panthers to just 149 yards of offense.

This is their athletic logo, I believe the one you have is only for academics. Also interesting that I just noted they ordered the same template but a different set of numbers at some time last year. Look at the 2's.

You are right, the 2's are different... also noticed that they have a hurricanes vibe to them, then again I didn't think most people on here would of noticed... @NH4 is also going to eventually get to Tiffin as well.

Anyway the logo is a quick change to the helmet...

spacer.png
I also noticed in my concept that I was trying to go for that lighter gold, turns out that it's a lighter green...

3 minutes ago, heavybass said:

You are right, the 2's are different... also noticed that they have a hurricanes vibe to them, then again I didn't think most people on here would of noticed... @NH4 is also going to eventually get to Tiffin as well.

Anyway the logo is a quick change to the helmet...

spacer.png
I also noticed in my concept that I was trying to go for that lighter gold, turns out that it's a lighter green...

Yeah, they have the feather pattern on the sleeves to imitate dragon scales. It kind of works though. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

And whilst I am here... we are going to add the last team for this North rotation and that is a FCS team that honestly needed a redesign because I wasn't in the mood to make another Patriots design.

DAYTON FLYERS
AMWts8A8JyYYU-cktnFpwhWyjiTXV4g5tekhAKUp

They revealed a Patriots style of uniform with a blue I felt wasn't needed so I took that away and went with wing sleeves because it felt right... also White, Red and Grey here

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 048/260 - Dayton Flyers
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 049/260 - Central Arkansas

The 50th team now since I've come this far and apparently visited every time this updates so I thank everyone who does look in here... and not comment on how good the uniforms, or perhaps nothing to comment about.

In the Gulf division far away from its rivals, it was time for a WAC team that honestly needed a redesign or rather a new look since normally they aren't fetching enough or striking enough... so they approached someone to take it into a new direction and that designer figured they needed a championship look to use...

Those boys of Beaumont decided on this...

LAMAR
spacer.png
Lamar did in fact decided to look like Tampa Bay... the colors were all there and their gold counted as orange so I went ahead with this, indeed a championship winning look.

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 050/260 - Lamar
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 051/260 - Kennesaw State

I see you haven't been getting a ton of comments, but heed not. I'm a fan of a lot of the looks, but I think you need to be a little more outlandish. This is arena football we're talking about after all. I think your DePaul concept fits that vibe to a T.

Also, I would refrain from using the basic thin block font you've used for teams like Lamar, Tiffin, Fullerton, NMSU, etc. Get whacky with the fonts considering legibility isn't as big of an issue if they're playing on a 200 foot field inside an arena. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

On 9/8/2021 at 2:12 PM, GriffinM6 said:

Also, I would refrain from using the basic thin block font you've used for teams like Lamar, Tiffin, Fullerton, NMSU, etc. Get whacky with the fonts considering legibility isn't as big of an issue if they're playing on a 200 foot field inside an arena. 

Something like this?
AMWts8DKluvAHFud7eMWrMQkbo417CslYEkJ4lz2

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 052/260 - Wofford

And now I'm back.... the next team has a good colour scheme but they have white helmets and I wasn't in a White Helmet mood anyway so I modelled this team after the Saints of Orleans...

SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

AMWts8AJeF0F5AOPPwyFS1JfHJtiUeKe67h2macE

A beautiful shade of green and yellow should be used in glory especially with that very good logo... the logo becomes the wordmark essentially, doing something different.

• Like 1