NCAA Arena Football Concepts: 245/384 - Saint Francis Red Flash

heavybass

Next up in the Wolverine Division... a team that has not played football since the 60's but they haven't had a concept in American Football in a long time, so concept wise I think I'm one of the first to go here...

DETROIT MERCY TITANS

AMWts8CD5HhyJadPS1TXbUcDxbXsyuPUvsvwv93Q

Now Detroit Mercy are known as the Titans so first thought when it came to them was.... the Titans of Tenneessee before they changed to their meh look, the red acting like their light blue and the blue acting as their dark blue.

• Like 3

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 012/256 - Detroit Mercy

The 2 remaining divisions to cover in the North are the Great Lakes division and the Great Plains division which consists of both Dakotas, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri.

So it's not surprising we are going to start off with the old decade long powerhouse of the FCS...

NORTH DAKOTA STATE
AMWts8CMzflgCx-EG771gkxbVUCq0cjpxQLNupsf

Oh but these are the same look you posted for FCS you might ask, but I reply with... yeah, the pants qualify as Arena Football and it's a unifed look with the regular football team.

North Dakota may of been slained by Sam Houston but you can't dispel the FCS Patriots.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 013/256 - North Dakota State
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 014/256 - South Dakota State

Great Lakes now and it contains team from rest of Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota and the main one Illinois.... this post is going to include both teams for now since they were done prior in another release. ((It works out well))

NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS

AMWts8DXzfSeGNubD7nXCHCGAqrmWDmq7xfwVlYp

ILLINOIS STATE REDBIRDS

AMWts8AjMJCTLEUnjm9c3t31QksFxVrFUV4uAvI_

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 015 and 016/256 - Northern Iowa and Illinois State

Speaking of realistic, we have to talk about the dumb decision that this next team did.... the ASUN is making a football league and it's hype because it's promising to be a good mix of teams but what boggles the mind is that a member of this league won't be part of this and honestly it's a dumb decision to discontinue the football team because of business reason.

You have an exciting refurb that was universally praised but then killed the football program in the first year that you brought said redesign in...

Ladies and Gents, the idiots at....

JACKSONVILLE DOLPHINS

AMWts8AJSaROLjxicdFI2WTbNxV1OVudmPUN8I5o

Jacksonville are the 1st members of the Coast Division which consists of Georgia, South Carolina and the Atlantic Coast side of Florida which is where Jville is... so I decided to mix two different eras with the font that used last AND they had references to the Jags.

This is also going to include the other Jacksonville team in this division.

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 017/256 - Jacksonville Dolphins

Alright time to move onto the other Jacksonville team in the Coast division...

NORTH FLORIDA OSPREYS

AMWts8D6H-cT455AlCvkbMnyDMIuQBIue2jeTIwP

The first arena team to go off-white is of course North Florida... taking elements from soccer and basketball, the Boise esc helmets add an intimidation and a unique look.

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 018/256 - North Florida Ospreys

We're going to the Gulf Division... the full name is the Gulf of Mexico Division and it encompasses the ENTIRE Gulf region so Texas and Florida are involved....

Also involved is a city that primary makes up the Gulf... and that would be New Orleans... with that in mind.

NEW ORLEANS PRIVATEERS

AMWts8Dfit5fvH7NdnnfyaTY5gkh6DAd6N8Runaz

Everyone always does poncy green, yellow and purple stuff when it comes with Orleans and yet the Privateers are a mixture of classic Giants and Detroit Lions with a top heavy look that works for Arena Football.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 019/256 - New Orleans Privateers
On 7/18/2021 at 1:35 AM, heavybass said:

WIP is starting on team #20....  this was a last minute addition after I forgot they existed and had selected West Florida, current Division 2 champs.

spacer.png

The work in progress is now complete....

FLORIDA GULF COAST EAGLES
AMWts8A10YmZr_sxKr740YSwYjUuzPnU-pd2tmgA

The only team in this league to have Seafoam I might add

• Like 2

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 020/256 - Florida Gulf Coast Eagles

And now the first team of the Southeast Division... which is going to be a hard hitting tough division.

JACKSON STATE TIGERS

AMWts8B6RsXL4VHPdNdisnpRQ6gwqsZRrNqihajU

The first HBCU team mentioned in Arena Football and I was torn between adding red or silver... so when I realised they ripped off the Patriots in look, that's not what this team is... so I went with the Jets look because I just wanted to use two colours and felt it was right choice.

Might not be your cup of tea but Jackson has always been traditional esc... ((even if Under Armor is adding not needed extras))

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 021/256 - Jackson State

Really quick I have two team suggestions. These two schools haven't had a football program in years and I'd be curious to see how they would look modernized

The University of San Francisco Dons and The San Francisco State University Gators.

Apart from that I will say so far these look awesome and I could easily see these as IRL uniforms for the outdoor game as well

2 hours ago, Silence of the Rams said:

Really quick I have two team suggestions. These two schools haven't had a football program in years and I'd be curious to see how they would look modernized

The University of San Francisco Dons and The San Francisco State University Gators.

Apart from that I will say so far these look awesome and I could easily see these as IRL uniforms for the outdoor game as well

"looks into his pool of 235 teams remaining" Yeah I can see those two in there.

• Like 1

So.... next one is another HBCU but they play in the Ohio Valley Conference... but man they are literally a dump squib.

NOT ANYMORE THEY AREN'T!

TENNESSEE STATE TIGERS

AMWts8C3OmhzxlhHLJanPfXszUKQF-bsSrSEJqRs

Yeah this might be something they could go with... but in this continunity or universe I created as I would like to remind people, Joe Burrow's Cincinnati Bengals won the Super Bowl beating Tom Brady's Tampa Bay

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 022/256 - Tennessee State

The final division of the South.... is the Lone Star Division that consists of Texas, Oklahoma and finally Western Arkansas and the teams formed here all are in reach of each other which is a big achievement for me as I managed to create a conference that has rivalries, distances and cost cutting solutions!

The first team of said conference are the newly crowned  Division 1-AA champions...

SAM HOUSTON
spacer.png
A perfect rebranding now turned into the style of the classic Browns.... the colour of Clemson, the arrogance of Texas and slayer of giants, they gave the Southland one last great gift before they moved to the newly reformed WAC.

• Like 1