NCAA Arena Football Concepts: 245/384 - Saint Francis Red Flash

heavybass

Why hello there everyone its me Bass. Today marks the first post in a what if scenario that came into my head when I was just thinking one day.... you see Arena Football may of bitten the dust in the US ((Don't really count China's league per say because China doesn't exist in Football in general)) but considering the whole Amateurism in the NCAA is now officially over and athletes can now be sponsored again, the NCAA realised that they are in legit trouble.

This has not stopped the penny pinchers from considering Arena Football as a means of retaining control and that is what they did... today is the start of what if the NCAA brought back Arena Football?

PREMISE

The rules of College Arena Football is essentially the same as Arena Football... a reduced squad, smaller venues and more importantly no FBS teams... all of them including the independent teams turned down this idea because they all thought it was a hot fad and another league rejecting Arena Football is the Ivy League... those stuck up pricks laughed at the idea...

Teams accepting this are Non D1 schools, D1-AA schools (FCS) and a mixture of D2 and D3 schools as not all of them can afford the reduced rates.

There will be 256 teams in 16 divisions of 16, 4 in each region... divided into East, North, South and West.... top 2 of each region advances to a elimination bracket where all roads then eventually will lead to Las Vegas.

The following divisions are as follows:

New England, Apple, Capitol, Atlantic, Great Lakes, Wolverine, Great Plains, Ohio Valley, Southeast, Coast, Gulf, Lone Star,  Southwest, Rockies, California and Pacific.

The first team today takes us to the New England division where it consists of Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire,  Rhode Island and Vermont... all of the Northeast States and this first team is literally the latter:

VERMONT CATAMOUNTS

spacer.png

• Like 5

I love the premise behind the idea. But I think it would be fun if you really pushed it. Arena football uniforms have been wild as hell to say the very least. 

Pictures: Worst Uniforms in Sports - Orlando Sentinel My Top Ten favorite sports jerseys of all-time - Outsports 

New Uniforms for Arena Football — UNISWAG

You don't have to go absolutely wild with it, but since its arena football, it would be fun to see some crazier ideas. 

• Like 7

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Get wilder with some other schools. But I feel like traditional looks are perfect for Vermont and other schools that had a long time varsity program.

Speaking of which. I hope my alma mater (UWM) is included.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NicDB said:

Get wilder with some other schools. But I feel like traditional looks are perfect for Vermont and other schools that had a long time varsity program.

Speaking of which. I hope my alma mater (UWM) is included.

If you mean Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panthers? Yes they are.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 001/256 Vermont Catamounts
11 hours ago, heavybass said:

That would be a massive stretch of what I normally do anyway... but you are right, this is Arena Football and I need to do some crazy ideas.

EDIT: Do I keep Vermont as it is?

Sure. Keep the older/traditional teams fairly traditional, but don't be afraid to stretch it even a little bit for them. Some of the other teams, get wild with it. 

• Love 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Thank you, thank you for the good opening and I feel that it's up to me to keep things going.... I still have the NCAA thread to finish up but once that's over, I'll be back to this.

With that being said, we're still in the New England division and the next team is from Mass.... no not the U of Mass, they rejected the Arena Football league idea even though they should be all over this as well as UConn but oh well their loss.

Next up is a team from Mass...

• That doesn't have to worry about Wisconsin or Nebraska
  • About as traditional as Northeast teams are... they ceased to exist in 1997
  • They are from Boston

BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS

YhxFHr1r9waspU8l90e5XNT2YYAA0ePTK5vNLv-t

• Like 8

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 002/256 - Boston University Terriers

Now I know I started off well with Boston and Vermont... now I go into wild territory.

What happens if a uniform gets inspired by the New York Islanders?

What if it turns out to be THAT uniform.

Yes folks... the first team in the Apple sponsored New York/New Jersey division...

HOFSTRA

L6NownAMH0ddoYbOcfVvYYB1kzhNkCzH4QIRFVPY

This is possibly version 1 but yeah this is what happens when you remember this team's Dutch origins and being close proximity to Nassau Colisseum that you remember the FISHERMAN set.

• Like 7

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 003/256 - Hofstra 'Pride'

I believe you should just because there are some decently-sized Colleges like Gonzaga that should have a little love. Also, like Gonzaga and Wichita ST. Most of them used to have football teams but they fell out in the past.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoCubsGo said:

I believe you should just because there are some decently-sized Colleges like Gonzaga that should have a little love. Also, like Gonzaga and Wichita ST. Most of them used to have football teams but they fell out in the past.

Gozanga's being included anyway fyi

6 hours ago, heavybass said:

Do I include the non-football teams in the FBS? That's Arlington, Little Rock and Wichita State.

Absolutely.  Hopefully you'll bring back those "Movin' Mavs" jerseys from the 80s back for Arlington.

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 004/256 - Iona Gaels