NCAA Arena Football Concepts: 245/384 - Saint Francis Red Flash

heavybass

You know what, I've worked on this and I felt it came out good so I wanted to show what I did.

From that WIP i showed earlier... comes a team from California in the West Division and again its a defunt football program that I think would work well in the modern NCAA.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

UC RIVERSIDE HIGHLANDERS
AMWts8AXyFWyZFGqYHQQgtHOXkRAAVCWRxN0kGiS

That stripe I was working on.... my take on a Tartan pattern, specifically this team's tartan pattern.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 098/320 - UC Riverside Highlanders
3 hours ago, heavybass said:

You know what, I've worked on this and I felt it came out good so I wanted to show what I did.

From that WIP i showed earlier... comes a team from California in the West Division and again its a defunt football program that I think would work well in the modern NCAA.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!

UC RIVERSIDE HIGHLANDERS
AM-JKLXANCIyli0Xbz4hJcNlDsxtOKbUolp74T93

That stripe I was working on.... my take on a Tartan pattern, specifically this team's tartan pattern.

So 🤬 close! 😩 I tried. Excellent work on Chattanooga and UC Riverside 

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 099/320 - North Alabama Lions

Time for team 100... can you imagine that 100 teams in this thread, that is just as much work as i did for the vs ncaa thread... so I've been in a california mood and it broke my usual pattern of what I distribute... I figured I would do the same to yet another defunt californian school. ((I seem to be harping on these lately.))

There's a colour though that seems to be rare and the only team that does it is in Oregon State... which is orange.

So good news today's team represents that colour with proud distinctions.

Bad news is that they decided to copy a championship dynasty's look.

PEPPERDINE WAVES
AMWts8DOEMPCqB_W7NE8UsZNErAL6tPrQlcRF7vt

Clemson is a championship dynasty whether some people believe it or not... so Peppers straight up copied their design and used their logos in place.... the helmet design is cool, i think they are blue based but any excuse for an orange kit is welcomed.

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 100/320 - Pepperdine Waves
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 101/320 - Alcorn State Braves

Next up!

MISSISSIPI VALLEY STATE DELTA DEVILS

AMWts8DM6pvkuFPahTp_5HNdQU8jGPKy-i01DSME

HBCU and Green? Why it's the Delta Devils... essentially plain was with what I worked with... except for the pants, that was a stripe replicating a riverbend... which meanders on the backpants but because of the depths of this template, i couldn't show that off.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 102/320 - The Delta Devils of Mississipi Valley State

If you wasn't impressed with the Delta Devils, then possibly I can show you another team in the meanwhile... (looking for improvements i can make to MVS))

Anyway...

WEST TEXAS A&M BUFFALOS

AMWts8AIo0KNWBbzjRiaOtg6yVcB69l5tAZj3EJn

A Division 2 team in Texas with no thrills or fills.... only thing I did was change the helmet logo to the secondary and use the primary as the wordmark... they do have a rivalry with Angelo State i think?

• Like 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 103/320 - West Texas A&M Buffalos

Mississippi Valley St has always been a favorite lower division school of mine, glad to see them represented! Great work! 

if you need some ideas for MVSU, might I suggest adding a little red to the pants? They’re the only part of the uniform without any 

1 hour ago, CLEFAN94 said:

Mississippi Valley St has always been a favorite lower division school of mine, glad to see them represented! Great work! 

if you need some ideas for MVSU, might I suggest adding a little red to the pants? They’re the only part of the uniform without any 

There are traces of red on the pants in both sets. It outlines the riverbend.

I do believe I have one more to show for now... "check notes" yes i do believe and it's another californian school.

UC SANTA BARBARA GAUCHOS
AMWts8ADRzCBhxS4t4gNLUYF9aY1LW0c1tcHZc6y

The Gauchos have been unbeaten in Division 1 football since 1991 when the program closed... since then I imagined what the program would look like now and since we are in an arena football setting, what would I do... now @NH4 did his own take on non football concepts and Gauchos he did wonderfully.

So what I did here was pay tribute to this thread here and add my own twists... so for the Gauchos since they were known as Cowboys in Argentina, I would use the actual Argentine Blue as not only the light colour to the actual navy and gold but use it as the road kit as standout.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 104/320 - UC Santa Barbara Gauchos
  • heavybass changed the title to What if the NCAA did Arena Football? 108/320 - Group of 5 teams for the Coast

I hate to do this Heavy… but I can’t resist. 

Florida International* 

Florida Atlantic**

I’m sorry. 😣 I’m not trying to be a perfectionist but I can’t help myself sometimes.  They are all solid sets, no complaints on your designs.